chapter 23

My mom finally regained consciousness after a week, Trisa would always call to find out how she's doing but she didn't let me come to her place. She said I had to stay with my mom as my mom needed me more than she did.

I was so happy my mom had finally regained consciousness and my dad said she'll be fine. Luckily the head injury didn't result in amnesia or any other serious ailments.

My dad and my sister, my mom and I went out to celebrate as a family after she was released from the hospital. It was a celebration of how God helped my mom overcome death and we ate, drank and were merry for the rest of that day.

I can't wait to finally introduce Trisa to my family. Everyone already knew her as my friend from high school and the woman I'm madly in love with but I still feel it's necessary to introduce her to them formally and I'll be introducing her to my family today.

Tomorrow we'll be flying to New York. I have a surprise for her.

Trisa

I miss him so much but I understood his family needed him more and the last thing I want is for him to be here with me while his mom's fighting for her life but I really missed him so much.

It was hard to move around the house especially with the cut in my leg but I managed to limp about just to get a few things to keep me occupied or something to eat from the fridge or when I want to shower. My leg was healing now it was easier to walk around though I still felt a little pain.

I filed for a divorce. I've finally gotten a lawyer to handle the case.

He's name's Johnson recommended to me by Jake and Tania. Apparently he helped Jake's dad when a politician wanted to sue the hospital after the passing of his wife, of which he blamed on the ''hospital's careless staff'' he must have loved his wife so much. I know how he must have felt all too well because I felt the same way when I heard my parent's died mysteriously and the cops could find their bodies. Anyways he helped them and they ended up winning the court case much to the politician's dismay. I hired him and he's a very reasonable person he didn't ask for two much and he worked really hard.

I offered to up his payment to which he politely declined saying the money I paid him was already sufficient enough for him. I liked him already, he offered to do a deep research on Ethan but I refused as all I wanted was a divorce not to dig up someone's past, it was invading their privacy and no matter how cruel a person was his/her privacy still needs to be respected. Although Johnson pressed on and reasoned there must be something dark he's hiding, I adamantly refused. He finally agreed and took as much information he could from me. I'm quite confident that we'll end up winning. As he's so dedicated to his job and I'd love to work with someone as intelligent as he again in the future.

Jake said he had a surprise for me tomorrow morning.

We're flying back to New York I can't wait. I'm just so excited.

Yesterday he went out to celebrate with his family. Today he wants to introduce me to his family. I'm honestly so nervous.

I put on a simple flowery pink gown with pink heels, about two inches high. I couldn't wear really high heels because of my cut and flats just seemed inappropriate to me.

I wore light makeup and curled my hair and now I was ready, I guess.

Jake showed up later and we drove to his parents house.

As we got down, I was more nervous than I was before.

Jake must have seen the panic on face because he gave me a reassuring squeeze.

"Don't fret too much. They'll love you. I'm positive" he said reassuring me for the twentieth time.

We walked in and his mom, sister and dad were watching a movie, apparently Jake picked today because his dad had his day off. They all stood up as soon as they saw me.

"You must be the lovely Trisa, Jake has been talking about" his dad said smiling.

"Nice to meet you Mr Presley I managed a small smile as I stretched out my hand for a hand shake, clearly not knowing what to do at this awkward moment.

He took my hand and shook it. "No need to panic dear, feel at home" he said reading my facial expression.

I finally calmed down as his mom walked up to me "Dear you've finally arrived to take my Jake away, thank God I thought he was going to die single. I've asked if he wanted me to get him cats or dogs preferably because he's refused to go out with the numerous girls I introduced to him. Now I know why, you really are special" she said smiling. I felt my heart squeeze she reminded me so much of my mom.

She took my in her arms and hugged me. I gladly returned the hug "thank you" I whispered.

Next was his sister Tania "so you're the infamous Trisa that has my brother wrapped around her finger" she said mischievously before sleeping the life out of me.

''You know you don't need to be shy, you'll soon be Mrs Trisa Presley" she said whispering that last part as she winked.

I felt my cheek grow hot at that statement as I looked down at my shoes embarrassed and not wanting anyone seeing me blush.

We sat down afterwards and had a warm conversation. I loosened up a bit as they asked about my home town, school well college because Jake and I went to the same High school.

After getting to know me better, we had lunch and talked causally. I began to feel very much at home.

Jake's family's really sweet.

I left at 7:00pm. Jake dropped me off at home and spent some time with me before leaving.

So what do you guys think, let me know and if you liked this chapter dont forget to like, follow, comment, vote but most importantly enjoy. Thanks for reading.