chapter 29

A month later
My arm had healed completely. Nancy's in the nursing home. She looks horrible, a part of me is happy Jake didn't let her stay here. I don't think I can handle seeing her like that everyday.

She's been taken good care of, the nurses ensure they give her special attention on my behalf.

Things were running smoothly at work, I took a day off to relax, I wasn't worrying about Nancy or Ethan anymore, I was finally happy. 

At that moment when I was enjoying peace and quite by the balcony with a book in my hand, enjoying the cool evening breeze, something just had to ruin it. 

I got a call from Jake, he said to meet him at the airplane hangar where his jet was. I asked why he said it was a surprise. I grabbed my purse and drove there. 

When I got there he barely waited for me to get out of my car before pulling me inside the jet. I was both nervous and excited. What could the surprise be.

The pilot started the plane taking it up into the air but not above the clouds in fact we were only a few feats away from the ground.

Jake hadn't spoken for a word since the plane took off but after a while he asked me to look outside the window and I obliged and got the shock of my life as I saw some cheerleaders dancing around then the started their formations.

I read out

''I won't always be the best man, I'll make mistakes, I say things, do things and annoy you till the very end but I promise to love and protect you always in good times and bad.

I LOVE YOU TRISA
WILL YOU MARRY ME''.

I clasped a hand over my mouth and turned my head around to find Jake on one knee. 

''Yes!'' I exclaimed shaking my head so hard I'm sure it will fall off any second now.

He slipped the ring on my finger as I kissed him. The kiss didn't last long as people pooped out from their different hiding places inside the jet clapping. His family was there with some of my close work friends and Lina. 

He took out a mega phone and screamed to the group of cheerleaders. "She said yes!!!''

I saw them clap and wave as the plane turned around heading home. I was happier than I ever was in years. It was the most beautiful proposal ever.

The wedding preparations were so stressful but luckily Lina had a friend who specialised in events planning, she was fantastic, we both seemed to have the same great taste so we worked together with Lina, Jake's parents and Tania. Jake had been really busy, I started to see little of him everyday, I missed him so much but I know he was too busy with his fair share of planning. Yeah we decided or rather I decided to share the planning of the wedding and we each spent our free time working with Jessie the events planner.

The day finally came as I walked alone to the altar, I remembered my dad. He would have been so proud and my mom would have wanted nothing more than to choose my gown, she would have been wiping a tear now. I smiled because I knew they were here, I could feel their presence most especially my dad's as I walked Gracefully to the altar. Everyone of our employees, colleagues, friends, family friends showed up.

We recited our vows and when the priest asked if Jake would take me to be his lawfully wedded wife all I could think of was how different my wedding with Ethan was. Everyone seemed to be sad or normal that day but today it was different, today was my real wedding, I was getting married to the man of my dreams. I knew he loved me he didn't have to speak all I had to do was to look into his eyes that was filled with pure love and adoration. 

When the priest finally asked me if I would take him to be my lawfully wedded husband I didn't stop to think twice before saying I do, ''till death do us part'' didn't even feel long enough to be with him. If there was truly another world, another life and I was to be in it, I'll still choose him to spend the rest of my life with. I was prepared to face any form of hardship the world threw at us because I knew that as long as we faced it together there's nothing we couldn't handle.

We were married and we kissed passionately, quite different from our other kisses as this one came from the dept of our souls.

I was now officially Mrs Presely.

He lifted me up bridal style, I put my arms round his neck buring my face in his chest as we left for the reception. 

I had a wonderful day and was happy to wake up in the arms of my husband the next day. The starting and dawn of a new life for me.

Wow what a way to propose, Jake really went all out, well not all but although it was simple he tried. I loved it. They finally tied the knot. I'm so happy she deserves it. If you liked the chapter don't forget to vote, like, share, comment, but most importantly enjoy.