Chapter 9

That's a picture of how Jake looks

Trisa

So we drove to the restaurant and I know it's just a hangout but I feel guilty. I mean I'm married even if I married to a beast. It doesn't mean I can just go around dating.

"Come on Trisa it's just a hangout not a date or anything" I said inwardly trying to reassure myself.

We went into the restaurant it was more of a diner than a restaurant but at least it made me calm down a bit knowing he wasn't bringing me to a fancy restaurant.

We took our sits and placed our orders.

"So how are you, I mean how have you been since high school?" Jake asked casually.

"Been good, what about you?" I asked

"I've been okay though being the CEO for two companies can be really stressing" he replied. I'm sure he's just pointing out how successful he's become. Show off.

"Yeah tell me about it. I managed my dad's company for two years and it was really stressful, taking care of dealing, signing contracts and the likes but it was great. I loved helping my parents to me it was a way of giving back. They've done so much for me". I said as the waitress brought our orders.

"Hmm" he said absent mindedly.

''I remember how you used to dream about ''managing it and making it better than ever'' he said quoting my exact words. That was a really long time ago, I can't believe he still remembers. The topic about my dad's company made me sad, but as soon as I get that divorce, maybe instead of taking half Ethan's properties I'll make a deal with him to just go with the company alone.
"What ever happened to your dads company" he asked finally looking at me and taking me out of my thoughts.

"My husband bought it" I said in a bitter tone but he didn't seem to notice or he might have and decided not to press further.

"He seems like a nice guy"

"Who?"

"You're husband I mean he bought your dad's company maybe because he didn't want his queen working too much".

I gave out a mocking laugh "yeah he's a guy alright"

"What about you have you met anyone yet" I asked trying to change the topic.

"Why aren't you living with your husband" he asked ignoring me.

I saw the concern in his eyes and I averted my gaze.

"I'd rather not talk about it please"
I said. There was no use lying as I was a horrible liar or I could have said I'm here visiting my relatives.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to reopen old wounds" he said reasoning my ''nice husband and I had a fight and I probably came here to cool off.

Now he's making me sound pathetic not on purpose though.

"I should go" I said getting up to leave. I grabbed my bag and it hit a juice cup accidentally spilling some juice on his jacket.

"I'm so sorry" I said taking a tissue to wipe his jacket I continued to say sorry over and over again till he held my wrist I flinched and closed my eyes apparently my brain hadn't registered that not all guys are the same. My heart was pounding, I was scared that he would hurt me.

Jake

"Trisa open your eyes" I said.
Her eyes were still closed "Trisa I won't hurt you" I said softly wiping the silent tears that had started to fall and she opened her beautiful brown eyes.

''It was an accident and I shouldn't had brought up your husband I'm sorry".

"No Jake I'm just not ready to talk about him. Can we please leave?'' She asked probably feeling awkward as everyone was staring at us.

"Sure" I said taking her out of the diner.

I don't know what that son of a bitch did to her but I'm not going to let him hurt her any more than he has already.

I took her back home and went back to my house.

I couldn't sleep at night, I kept thinking about her, I was happy to see her after so long. I can't believe I bumped into her again, I thought I'd never see her again after losing her number back when we were in high school and now bumping into her again my feelings for her returned and I don't care if she's married I still like her. I wonder who the lucky guy is, he's truly lucky to have such a beautiful wife. I used to think she couldn't be more beautiful but now years later I see how wrong I was she's now more beautiful than ever before. I must have her, she's the only girl I ever truly wanted, the only one I'll ever truly want and I feel this meeting is a sign, perhaps she's the one for me. I'm single after five heartbreak, I broke four and one broke me, I really liked her not as much as I liked Trisa but something close to that but she only liked me for my money, just like the rest of them.

After that I only had flings, nothing serious and I made sure I had protection all the time, the last thing I want is to be involved in some sort of scandal over a girl I rejected that's now pregnant with my baby and is looking to sue me for half the money I own, if I refused to marry her.

I don't mean to sound selfish but I still like Trisa after so long. I still wonder how that's possible, but seeing her rekindled that flame that had once died down. I don't know what problems she has with her husband but from the looks of it she's not happy with her marriage and I'll use this opportunity to win her heart. I'm not the coward who refused to accept his feelings and was scared of rejection especially when my ego was the size of Jupiter. Now I'm ready to fight for her and Trisa I'll win your heart, that's a solemn promise.

Uhhh and the romance continues with Trisa and Jake. Please don't forget to like, support, share comment, follow, vote but most importantly enjoy. Thanks for reading, Gracias, Merci, kubkhun mak mak, Takk, Gomaseubnida, Thank you.