chapter 4

Three months passed and Nancy kept true to her word. She made my life unbearable.

She goes out with Ethan and he spends all his money on her. I didn't understand it didn't make sense to me anymore, why would Ethan take Nancy back and still keep me here to suffer. I mean he just took her back after she ran away and is still making me suffer over nothing. That must be the hundredth time I'm pointing that out.

I didn't care that he took her out at least it'll mean I'll have some peace and quiet before they get back. Nancy delights in beating me up or ridiculing me on the slightest provocation and I don't dare touch her otherwise Ethan would beat me to a pulp. Yet I never learn, I always found a way to insult or stand up to either of the two at given circumstances. Ethan would get infuriated and beat me up while Nancy would laugh mockingly. Ethan would tell me that I'm the inferior one, the slave, ''the wife'' and ''the wife'' never stood up to her husband, she was always meek and ready to submit to her husband's desires, she never questioned and was always obedient, but that something I'll never agree with.

I'm not an object for satisfaction, I'm a human being with emotions, I his wife am his equal, with equal rights and I deserve absolute respect and freedom of expression, not only as his wife but as a human being. He can't control me I'm most definitely not a puppet he can control, neither am I a slave that he can control. What does he want me to do rub his feet when he gets home, feed him, clothes him, throw myself to him, no way especially not after everything he's done to me. This right here is why I get marked every day, people call it pride but I call it standing up for myself and for what I believe in. I don't know that kind of home Ethan was raised in but his perception of humanity is erred. He needs to evolve and think like how human beings with a soul should think.

He's an absolute beast, monstrous, demanding and savage as much as I try not to cross paths with him or do something that'll aggravate him but I fail miserably everyday cause we don't think the same way. Why? it's simple I have a brain and I use it and he has at least the size of his big head says so but he sure as hell doesn't use that brain of his.

I had marks all over my back, Ethan takes me out only when a friend invite him and his wife who unfortunately was still me but he never took me out even before he found out I wasn't Nancy other than those rare occasions I never went out with him.

I had to use makeup to cover up some marks on my face especially when he gives me a black eye or purple cheek or some other colour's I didn't know humans could have, sometimes I wear sun shades or a hat, so whenever he went out no one would ask questions, whenever someone noticed one that wasn't covered up properly I'd lie that it was a kitchen accident and if I don't cover it up properly Ethan would almost kill me when we get back. He'd diminished my self-confidence with all those scars but no one knew what went on in the Jordan home. So to the outside world we were the perfect couple.

I had tolerated enough and was at my wits end now and Nancy just finished beating up for not cleaning out her room. Though we have maids she had assigned some duties to me and this was one of them. It was her way of showing that although she was the mistress, she still had an upper hand than me the wife. She whipped me with her belt using the buckle end of the belt to graciously rip my skin, I felt absolutely nothing, my soul had been too far gone to feel any more but then I thought to myself why do I always let her beat me up whenever she feels like I snatched the belt from her hand and beat her till I was satisfied.

I knew Ethan heard her screams because he came running downstairs and I couldn't care less if he killed me. It was better than living here. I continued to hit her till he snatched the belt from me and when he did I slapped him hard. His face turned sharply to the right, Nancy's eyes almost pooped out of her head she was shell shocked while I on the other hand was a tinny bit satisfied, if he kills me now, I'll know I had the courage to slap some sense into his head before I died.

He beat me up and pinned me to the wall holding my neck tightly. He let go only when Nancy screamed and no she doesn't care about me, she just didn't want to get arrested and charged with first degree homicide even a good lawyer won't be able to save them, the least they can hope for is a plea bargain.

I knew there and then that that was the last straw. I saw the look of murder in his eyes as he helped Nancy up, she started faking like she broke her ankle so he lifted her up bridal style taking her upstairs while she stuck out her tongue to me like a child.

I picked myself up and went into my room.

Ethan is just unbelievable. I mean he's supposed to be wife Nancy, now he's side chick, mistress or whatever left him, she ran away and left him, sure what if Trisa deceived him. It wasn't her fault she was forced and now Nancy's back and rather than transferring the ruthless aggression to her, Ethan's spoiling her. It's sickening to read just how stupid and unreasonable people can be sometimes. Please don't forget to vote, comment, follow, like, share but most importantly enjoy.