chapter 13

Jake

My mom finally regained consciousness after three days. She was doing very well much to the delight of my father and sister. I was happy she was okay but I haven't had much rest in the last three days.

I've been so worried about Trisa. My mom left the hospital on the fourth day. I wasted no time in taking the next flight to New York.

I got there and gave Lina a call for Trisa's address. She sent it to me via text.

I hired a car and drove to the address. I met with the guards on duty.

"I'm here to see Mr Ethan". I said formally.

"Are you a business associate". One of men asked.

"You could say that but it's quite urgent. Is he in?" I asked.

"No, I'm afraid not sir his wife had an accident and he took her to the hospital". he said

Hospital? I started to panic. "what happened to her?" I asked.

"I really cant say but I do know he took her to the nearest hospital''. he replied

I wasted no time dashing off to the nearest hospitals around the area and i was able to find her in the third hospital.

I went into the doctor's office and he said her husband had just left a couple of minutes ago. I asked what happened and he said she tried to commit suicide.

''what that's not possible doctor I asked for Trisa Jordan" I said angrily.

"Calm down sir, if you want I can show you to her room" he said leading me out of his office.

"I think she's being abused as we found some scars around her body but when we asked her husband. He responded rudely. We'll just have to wait till she's up to hear her side of the story". He stated as we entered her room.

She's still unconscious.
"She'll be up in a minute. The sedative we gave her would soon wear off but please don't disturb her by asking too many questions" he said before leaving.

I sat there beside the bed, wondering if she was really being hurt so bad that she resorted to suicide oe perhaps he tried to kill her and staged it to look like suicide.

Trisa

I woke up in a strange room I couldn't make out anything at first because my vision was a bit blurry.

"Am I in heaven" I asked.

"Not yet" a voice answered, then I fully regained my vision and saw that I was in a hospital room with my left wrist heavily bandaged and the right had a drip connected to it.
I turned to the side and saw Jake.

"What happened" he asked softly.
I explained everything that happened to him.

"I'm sorry I know I was foolish to try to take my life but I was very depressed. I saw that as my only means of escape from the place". I said frustrated.

He held me for a while.
"I understand but don't ever do that again you know I really like you and I wouldn't want to see you hurt. I would have done something to get you out of there. Please promise me you'll never do that again. I don't want to lose you" he whispered as he held me tighter.

I nodded as he let go of me.
I must admit I loved being in his arms. I felt some what safe and secure, like nothing bad could ever happen to me.

"I need to speak to the doctor, I'll be right back with some coffee". He said before leaving.

The door opened again and a nurse came in "Mrs Jordan you're awake , your husband would like to see you should I let him in" she asked.

"No please don't" I begged. She looked puzzled but nodded and left the room.

A few minutes later Jake came back with the doctor. The doctor did a checkup on me and said he'll call the cops, as Jake told him about Ethan but he asked me a few more questions before leaving. Jake and I talked for a while. Then I slept off

So what do you guys think, let me know and if you liked this chapter dont forget to like, follow, comment, vote but most importantly enjoy. Thanks for reading.