Chapter 10

Trisa

I found a job a week later I was working in a company hopefully I'd be able to save enough to buy back my dad's company that is if my plan concerning the divorce doesn't come out as planned. I could easily send someone else to buy it from Ethan because I know he'll never sell it to me, but he'll sell it to someone else, reasoning that it would hurt me more. I bought a two room apartment.

It was small, simple and beautiful. Jake helped me a lot. I got the job on my own but he helped me to find an apartment with a reasonable price. He offered to pay for the rent but I refused, I was too self-dependent to rely on someone else to pay my rent even if we were friends, I saw it as taking advantage of his generosity.

I guess I've started to like Jake a lot more than before. He invite me to a birthday party his friend was having with some of his other friends. His friend who was the celebrant had given him two invites so he could bring his date with him and he chose me. I didn't see it as anything more than a birthday party so I accepted the invite, blaintly ignoring every red lights blaring on the inside of my head.

The party was scheduled today and I decided to wear something simple but still chick a short red gown not to short just two inches above knee length with lace in front showing a bit of cleavage but not too much as I still hadto maintain my status as a married woman.

I put my hair into a messy burn and applied abut of mascara, eye liner with bloody Mary red lip gloss.

I looked in a mirror and aside all the scars I was quite content with the image staring back at me.

Jake came as usual to pick me up "Wow! You look amazing Trisa".

"You don't look so bad yourself". I remarked as I gave him a friendly hug. He returned the hug holding me for a while longer than normal before I reluctantly pulled away from his warm embrace.

''Let's go'' he whispered taking my arm, I smiled as he led me to his car. We drove in comfortable silence to the venue of the event.

It was a fairly large hall with blue and white balloons hung up on the wall with drapes of navy blue on the two sides of the hall.

It was filled with different people laughing, dancing, talking basically doing normal things people do at parties. The celebrant came up to say hi to Jake.

He was average heighted, slim and quite good looking, he had two girls by his side and I snickered to myself, definitely a playboy. Yeah I know I'm very judgmental but my instincts are never wrong besides they were wearing extremingly short dresses with high heels and looked like hired stripers.

''Hey Jake glad you could make it'' he said taking his arms off the girls waist to shake and hug him with a pat on his back like typical boys greet.

''Glad you invited me'' Jake replied returning the hug.

The guy turned his attention to me, ''and whose this lovely angel you have with you, finally got yourself a babe?'' he asked winking at me.

Babe, he did not just call me a babe, but as it was his birthday I said nothing and just smiled.

''Oh this is my girl I mean friend Trisa'' he corrected.

''Trisa this is Ben, the birthday boy'' he introduced.

''Hi, it's nice to meet you'' I replied politely but he merely just wriggled his eyebrows.

''Friend, which means she's single?'' he asked looking at me hungrily.

''Oh no, she's married or I would have stolen her before you'' he replied pushing me behind him, as though he were trying to save me from the guy's hungry gaze. I felt appalled by his lack of self control, but really I was more surprised at how someone as sweet as Jake can be friends with such a jerk.

''Easy there Jake remember you have to be nice to me today, it's my birthday'' he replied laughing.

''Yeah I'm being nice, that's why I haven't broken your pretty face yet'' he muttered but I don't think Ben caught that as he merely just patted Jake shoulder, shot me a wink and said ''see you guys around''.

When he left Jake apologized on his behalf.

''It's okay, I was just wondering how you could be friends with someone like that'' I asked.

''Well his dad is my business associate, so you see it's more of a business thing than it is a so called friendship. He doesn't really have friend, most of this people here are either doing his dad a favour or are friends with him because of his dad's money. His parents had always been working since he was little they never had time for him that's why he's the pretty, spoilt, playboy you see today'' he concluded.

I actually felt bad for him.

Ethan
We haven't been able to track Trisa's location for almost two weeks now.

I heard from an old friend that there's going to be a small party to celebrate his birthday. I didn't feel like going but Nancy said it'll be best if I did to get my mind off Trisa for a while so I decided to go.
I put on a simple navy blue jacket with a white shirt inside.

While Nancy decided to go all out and wear a fancy though beautiful black dress that really accentuated her curves, still not as beautiful as Trisa no matter how hard she tries.

''You look lovely darling'' I lied.

''You look ravishing, can't wait to take you tonight'' she said, seductively biting her bottom lip.

I was so disgusted I cringed inwardly and as she put her arms round my neck I fought off all will power to throw her arms off. I don't like when women throw themselves at me, I make love to them yes but what I really enjoy is when women try fighting me off like Trisa does. It's a huge turn on for me cause I like being in control.

I called the personal driver I hired and he drove us to the location.

Trisa

Jake left me to get drinks. I sat chatting with Lina when I heard my name.

"Trisa..."

So what do you guys think, let me know and if you liked this chapter don't forget to like, follow, comment, vote but most importantly enjoy. Thanks for reading.