chapter 28

Jake
I found her by the edge of a cliff with a wounded arm. She smelt of smoke, I'm guessing due to the fire yesterday.
I pulled her away from that edge holding her like my life depended on it.

"Are you alright? Who did this to you?" I asked angrily.

"Nancy, she's fallen down the cliff please get help" she said as she was trying not to lose consciousness.

"First I need to get you to the hospital" I replied lifting her up.

So Nancy's responsible, how didn't I think of that. I alerted the cops as I made my way to the car.

They called up a rescue team and came quickly to the location, they showed up as we were leaving.

I drove Trisa to the hospital and called my parents and Lina to tell them I'd found Trisa.

She was taken into the emergency room.

I waited for a few minutes before the doctor came out.
"She's stable, just some bruises on her knees and hands, she also inhaled a lot of smoke, thankfully not so much as to cause her lungs to collapse but she's breathing through the help of an oxygen mask, but no signs of trauma, she passed out due blood loss but we've seen to the arm and transfused some blood into her. She'll be good to go by the day after tomorrow''.

"Can I see her?" I asked.

"Yes of course right this way" he replied leading me into her room.

I took a seat beside her bed and the cops called. I answered the call.

"Mr Presley we've found Nancy's body, she's still alive surprisingly we can feel a weak pulse and we're on our way to the hospital now. I just called to inform you" he concluded.

"Alright thanks for the update" I replied cutting the call.

Trisa
I regained consciousness, I don't know for sure how long I'd been unconscious and I found myself in a hospital with my injured arm in a cast. I found Jake beside me on the phone.
I wanted to know if they'd been able to find Nancy.

"How's your arm" he said cutting the call as soon as he noticed I was awake.

"Broken" I replied stating the obvious.

"Should I get the doc to check it out" he asked.

I shook my head.
''How's Nancy" I asked.

He sighed "She's alive but the cop I just spoke to now said she sustained a serious Brian damage so she won't be able to talk, walk, eat or move any part of her body again.
She'll only be able to breathe and see.
"She should have died, cause she's better off dead than living this kind of live" he concluded.

My hand flew to my mouth as silent tears started to fall down my face.
Jake held me to his chest. '' It's alright you know we can't say she didn't deserve it'' he said.

"I know she was really mean to me but this is just too much".

Two days later
I was discharged from the hospital. I moved in with Jake. He made me since Nancy burned down my apartment.

I told Lisa what happened to Nancy.
"I'm sorry to say but the bitch deserved it big time" she said.

"I think I'm going to take her into a nursing home because Jake won't hear anything of her living here with us" I suggested.

"Yeah I think that's the best option if I were Jake I too wouldn't want her in my home especially after everything she did to you" she agreed.

"Okay thanks for calling, I'll talk later, go to go bye sweetie and take good care of yourself" she said finally.

"Yeah I will, bye" I replied ending the call.

I'd like to say Nancy deserved it but I would like to hear it from you guys. At least now she can finally leave Trisa alone. If you liked this chapter don't forget to vote and comment.