chapter 32

Jake

She finally fell asleep I hate seeing her so upset especially since I knew who kidnapped him, I couldn't tell Trisa as she was already really upset, I don't want to frighten her more. I swear to God once I find the person they'll wish they were never born.

Unknown

I finally escaped after so long but just for another surprise visit, I hear she has a son now, I can't wait to see him.

Trisa

When I woke up I found myself on the couch covered up with a blanket. I feel so guilty for falling asleep, how can I sleep when I have no idea what's happening to my little boy now. I feel like a failed mother, I've watched movies when children are kidnapped their parents don't sleep a wink rather spend their time trying to get throught to the kidnapper to find out what he wants but here I am sleeping peacefully like nothing happened. I don't know if Luke's eaten, if he sleeping or if he crying for me, what if the kidnapper was hitting him or worse still torturing him. The mere thought of that sent shivers down my spine and got me on my feet ready to ask questions and demand answers.

Jake wasn't even in the room, I bet anything he's doing all he can to get Luke back. I felt worse knowing he hadn't slept a wink. I got up fully and found Tania awake. It took all the controll left in me not to bombard her with questions, I had to remember that she was also hurt andalso a victim of circumstance, probably blaming herself for the kidnapping of Luke.

I took a seat beside her bed and noticed how red and puffy her eyes were. ''Hey, don't beat yourself up, you're n a bad condition yourself, how are you feeling? I asked softly.

"I'm so sorry I don't know what happened we were playing in the park and then he decided to go on the swings, so I took him there, carried him unto the swing and started pushing him a few minutes later someone hit me I felt a sharp pain at the back of my head and then from then on I don't know what happened'' she explained hoarsely.

I nodded and took her hand "like I said it wasn't your fault, do you remember seeing anyone suspicious like someone watching you and Luke closely? 

She shook her head ''There were few people at the park and the swinging area was quite deserted not many people around and the few that were, were minding their own business. I've told the cops everything they're trying to find out who the kidnappers were by checking the survelliance cameras, whoever did that won't be that stupid to have his face seen, he or she might have worn a mask or deleted the footage'' she reasoned.

''And if the person lets his face seen he's either a stupid rookie or a pro, in the sense that he could have tham see his face but block his account, get rid of his cell, get a new car r the likes'' I said. Dammit, all my speculations were horrible can't I think of something not hunded percent true but not brutally correct.

Jake came in after a few minutes ''We haven't found anything yet but the facility called Nancy escaped an hour before Luke's kidnap''

''What!!, no she... no she can't be behind this someone must ave helped her she couldn't have escaped on her own'' 

''But the doctors said she wouldn't be able to move ever again?'' Tania said or more like asked.

''Like Trisa said maybe she had help'' he replied then turned to me '' Trisa you said the last time you visited the nurses said she could move her hands a little, do you think the nurse was either lying to help her or she was deceiving them on purpose when she could actually move?'' he asked.

''I have no idea, I don't know what to believe at this point but I choose not to believe Nancy's behind this, she seemed changed I can't just condem her because of how she was in the past''.

''Oh my God Trisa don't be so naive, she was probably putting on an act'' he replied.

I suddenly became angry '' You've never liked her, you don't know her, you hate her, these are all the reasons why you'll suspect her. People change and everyone deserves a second chance''.

"Goodness Trisa listen to yourself she ruined your marriage, tried to kill you and my mom. I understand people change but if she really was innocent why on earth did she escape without a trace?''

''Perhaps she was tried of being kept there and needed some  fresh air?'' I shot back defensively.

''Cut it out you too!'' Tania said breaking the arguement.

I stood glaring at him as the door opened once again. An investigator came in.

''We have some news Nancy was spotted fleeing the park a few minutes after Tania was found unconscious''.

Could Nancy really be the kidnapper or did the actual prepertrator set her up knowing she was there, you'll have to continue reading to find out. Don't forget to vote, like comment, share, follow but most importantly enjoy!!. Thanks for reading.