chapter 44

I placed Trisa on the stretcher, the paramedics wheeled her into the ambulance. I took a sit inside the ambulance as they drove to the hospital all the while trying to stop the bleeding. She had a very weak pulse and we were all scared that she might not make it.

I called my mom and Tania. I informed them how we found Trisa and were on our way to the hospital. They'd said they meet us there. Luke was with Tania but I still called to inform her too.

When we finally reached the hospital some nurses took her out of the ambulance and rushed her into the emergency room. I was pacing round the hospital, a doctor approached me once to check out my arm. It was hurting really bad after and after lifting Trisa up it only became worse but then again that was the least of my worries. Everytime I'd see a nurses running out of the ER to fetch something and they'd ignore me when I tried to find out how Trisa was doing.

I couldn't calm down as much as I tried to. Then my mom, Lina and Tania came into the hospital. Tania ran up to me and hugged me.

''It'll be fine Jake she's strong, she's been through a lot and has conquered and won every damn trial life has hit her with. She'll be fine'' she assured me. I relaxed a bit and all the tears I'd been holding in came cascading down my face, my body shook as I felt a sharp pang in my heart as I whispered ''she can't leave me, not yet. I just can't let her go''.

''Jake pull yourself together, she needs you now more than ever. Don't give up on her, cause she won't give up fighting''.This was the first time I ever cried in front of her, I felt embarrased as I pulled out of her embrace, excusing myself as I went into the bathroom. Tania was right I needed to be strong, I went to the sink area to wash my face when I remembered that peaceful smile on her face when I arrived, was it a goodbye? was she leaving me? I wished someone could answer these questions as I dried my face not daring to look into the mirror cause I was partly afraid of the reflection I'd see staring back at me.

I walked out of the rest room and saw my mom, she looked pale as she stared at me worriedly I strode over to her and hugged her. ''I'm fine mom, I'm fine, she's going to be okay''

After a while my dad came out ''How is she?'' I asked panic very evident in my voice.

''She's stable for now but she lost quite a huge amount of blood, she was bleeding internally, had some fractured ribs, her head...'' I tuned out before he continued. I can only believe she'll make it if I don't hear all the complications but I had to gather all the courage I had left to ask this one question that'd been ringing in my head.

''Dad is she going to make it?''

'' I honestly don't know son there's a fifty, fifty chance. I don't want to kill your hopes in as much as much as I don't want to raise them'' he replied patting me on my back.

''She might just pull through, she's very strong, most people who've been through want she's been through aren't with us any more,but Trisa keeps fighting and she knows how much she's loved she would make it this isn't coming from the doctor but from me your father'' he assured.

''I needed to hear that more than anything else, thanks dad, can I see her''

''Sure right this way'' he said as he led us to her room.

She was unconscious connected to all kinds of machines. It broke my heart seeing her that way, I wished it was me in this condition and not her.

I sat down beside her bed and kissed her lips and forehead tenderly. ''Please don't leave me Trisa, I love you more than life itself, I need you in my life or it won't be worth living. You're my light, my peace, my calm and you and Luke are my whole world, please keep fighting for we who love you soo much'' I whispered leaving a lingering kiss on her forehead again.

I sat there for a while, merely just watching her, making sure she was okay and still here. She was breathing with the help of an oxygen mask.

Then all of a sudden the alarm went off, she wasn't breathing anymore. The doctor's came in and asked me to leave while they tried to revive her.

Here guys what do you think is Trisa dead or will she be saved, keep reading to find out. The song I used god knows, I only just heard it today and it's amazing and since it inspired the chapter I decided to use it. Thank you readers and please don't forget to leave a vote and a comment. Thank you and may you remain blessed.