Evil Memories

"No way! You can't be!" You exclaimed.

        "And why not?" BEN asked.

        "It just doesn't make any sense!"

        "What sense is there to make? Now do you want to die or live to see the light of another day?" He held out his hand. You just looked at it, but slowly reached out to touch it. Then your vision suddenly went black.

...

        The memories...

        My memories...

        Where are my memories?

        But... I can hear them...

        There's screaming, crackling... A... A burning home? An image started to form, it was in the eyes of your mark.

        My memories, they're locked up behind my mark! What is it preventing me from remembering!? I must know!

        Your form appeared in front of the mark. Compared to it, you were so much smaller. "... What are you hiding from me!?" ou yelled at the mask. It only stared at you with its eyes- its great, big, scary eyes.

        "Some things are best left forgotten." A deep voice said.

        "Nothing deserves to be forgotten. Please, let me remember."

        "I will not allow it."

        "What's so bad that I can't remember?"

        "I'm only trying to protect you. The less you know, the better. I don't want you to turn out like the others."

        "Others?" There was a long pause.

        "... I've already said too much. I'm going to bring you back into reality-"

        "No! Don't!"

        "Why!? There is nothing for you here!"

        "Yes there is! There are answers here and I'm not leaving without them!"

        "... Ypu're very persistent... If I tell you anything, you have to promise that you won't change your ways." You nodded. "... I already know what answers you're looking for. You want to know how this all started. It's all because of your father and the people who took you in. They raised you evil and you weren't even aware of it."

        "Took me in? What happened to my home? Was it that burning house from earlier?"

        "Yes. The one who set fire to your home was your father. Not only that, but he killed your mother that night, right in front of your eyes. You ran out and found Vaati and Ghirahim who raised you to be evil. Your father disliked those two, he didn't like how they treated you, with kindness, respect and so much luxury. He let you stay, though. You never even knew you he was there. Then, one day, Vaati sent you out on a mission in which you were defeated and left to die in the vast ocean. That's where I came in. I took the liberty of erasing your memory memory and used my powers to pair you up with the Hero of Time. I hoped that he would retrain you into being a good citizen. And maybe travel with him, be a hero yourself. Only when I saw that you had truly changed wo uld I allow you to use my powers and make them your own."

        "How did you get here, really?"

        "Originally, you were born with me. Not the mark, but hidden, supressed, concious powers. When Skull Kid struck you, it just made me become visible and able to live. That would be the mark."

        "What about my father?"

        "What about him?"

        "Does he have abilities such as you? Is he the reason I have you? Is he protecting me? Why did he help me? If he killed my mother, does he want me dead too?"

        "Those answers... You will have to ask him yourself. Maybe you could learn a thing or two from him. Just be careful."

        "Wait, are you telling me that I have to leave now?"

        "Unfortunately, yes."

        "So is this goodbye?"

I'm a part of you. There is no such thing as goodbye with us. Don't worry. I'll be that little voice in your head." the voice chuckled. The mask's eyes in front of you glittered and shone brightly. Then it was white.

c- (-o-;)   Sigh