Magic

It was pitch black. It stayed that way. No voices were heard, not a sound was listened to. It was just... Empty. But then you could hear something. You could hear a voice. Then you could see someone. It looked a lot like Link... But... Dark. He called out to you.

        "(Y/N)." Link's voice got louder every time he shouted. The darkness started to turn to brightness as you opened your eyes.

        Link was shaking you awake. "Finally." he breathed. You sat up and stretched.

        "Hey." You said sleepily.

        "Hi!" Link stepped back and strapped on his sword. "You've been asleep for hours. It's almost 1 in the afternoon." he helped you out of bed and on deck.

        "Why didn't you wake me up, then?" you asked.

        "I couldn't, every time I tried, you wouldn't wake up." he explained.

        "Oh, sorry."

        "No reason to apologize. You needed the rest anyways. But I just wanted to let you know that we landed on a new island. We set sail while you were asleep. You should eat, then I'll take you out." you grabbed a role of bread and sat down as Link went out on land.

        Linebeck came out of the bridge and walked up to you. "Hey kid. How's it going?" he asked, clearly trying to be friends. You finished your role.

        "Not too bad." You replied.

        "I almost forgot to ask you what your name was."

        "(Y/N)."

        "Right. Oh, and Link found a new board that seemed sturdy enough for you to walk on. He told me to keep you on board until he came back." And so you waited, watching the sea. You heard footsteps coming from the new plank, jogging on board.

        "Hey guys, it's safe... I cleared the way." Link breathed heavily.

        "You ok?" you asked.

        "Yeah, I was just running around a lot." Blood was dripping from his hand.

        "You're bleeding." You ran up to him and grabbed it.

        "I've been worse. I'm fine. Besides, I can get healed in town." Even though you didn't feel comfortable with his decision, you had to trust him and move on. Hesitantly, you crossed the plank to land.

        "So have you been here before?" you asked.

        "Yeah, many times." Link answered. Your attention was drawn back to his hand.

        "Doesn't it hurt even a little bit?"

        "Not that much."

        "At least let me take a look at it."

        "Do you know how to heal?" you shrugged. He gave you his hand. Luckily, there was a puddle nearby so you used it to clean off the wound. He would flinch once or twice, but didn't tell you to stop.

        Suddenly, the water started to glow blue. You looked closely. Link's wound was healing! He removed his hand from the water and looked at it;

        "How'd you do that?" he asked in amazement.

        "I don't know." He stood up and brushed himself off.

        "Well, thanks anyways." he helped you up and together, continued to walk to town.