Setting Sail

You walked up to a boat made all out of wood and metal. A man appeared on the side and looked at you. He wore a blue jacket and had a drowsey look on his face.

        "Oh, hey there kid!" he shouted out at Link. "Did you bring yourself a girlfriend?"

        "She's not my girlfriend, Linebeck! I just found her, let me on the ship!" Link called back. The man pulled out a plank of wood and placed it so it connected land to the boat.

        "Is it safe?" you asked questioningly. You looked down at the water below the plank. You couldn't swim, what if you fell in?

        "Of course, I do it all the time." Link answered, walking across. You took a few steps on it and stopped as it began to wobble and creak.

        "One step at a time." You said to yourself.

        The plank suddenly cracked and fell apart, leaving you to fall into the water. You felt something grab your hand before you touched it. Looking up, you saw Link and Linebeck pulling you up.

        "...I...Knew that thing...was getting old." Linebeck said as you scrambled up.

        "Then why didn't you tell me before!?" Link yelled at Linebeck. Link, then, turned back to you. "You ok?"

        "Yeah, fine."

        "Come on, I'll show you where you'll be staying." He took you below deck. When he turned on the lights, you saw a king-sized bed with barrels and containers of food. It was neatly organized.

        "It's not much. Make yourself comfortable." he climbed up the steps and left you down there. You sat on the floor and waited for him to come back.When he did, he just looked at you. "Why aren't you in bed?"

        "Oh, you wanted me to sleep up there?"

        "That's what it's for, silly." You climbed up and lay down on his bed. You got under the covers (Green) and put your head on the (Green) pillows. "So, since you were on that beach, you obviously aren't from this island. You must have either come from another island or a ship. Maybe you were on a ship and it crashed? It would only make sense because of your bruises and lack of memory."

        "Wow, that's a lot of thinking."

        "As an adventurer, I have to solve a lot of puzzles. You get good at predicting things when you've done stuff like that for as long as I have."

        "I thought you were a hero."

        "I am. I can't not save people. Especially that dang princess. She just has to get kidnapped every few years."

        "Isn't that bad?"

        "It is, but she's probably used to it by now. If I just let whoever kidnapped her, have her, he would just let her go anyways. Besides, she's like a ninja, why can't she just save herself?"

        "Do you think she does it on purpose?" you chuckled.

        "Totally." he laughed. "That's enough questions for the day. Get some sleep." He turned around and shut off the light.