Chapter Sixteen

ALEJANDRO'S POV:

I drove to the location Elena had sent me. I found her near a gas station, staring at her phone as she wiped her eyes.

"Hey" I said, getting out the car and walking over to her. She looked at me with teary eyes as I pulled her into a hug. She immediately started crying when I tried to ask her what was wrong.

"Let's go somewhere else, Elena" I said, guiding her back to the car. I drove us to a restaurant, the drive was silent and none of us spoke. We walked inside, it was surprisingly empty considering it was a Saturday night.

"Now what's wrong?" I asked, taking two menus as we took our seats. Elena held her head in her hands and closed her eyes for a second.

"We had an argument"

"Another? You guys just made up after the whole Kairi thing" I said. She nodded her head, leaning on one hand.

"Can I get you guys some drinks?"

We looked up and saw a waiter with a pen and notebook in his hands. I quickly looked at the menu and picked the first thing I saw.

"I'll take a coke, please"

"And for you, ma'am?"

Elena looked at the menu with a dull expression. Her eyes were on the page, but I knew her head was elsewhere.

"She'll have the same" I said, handing the menus back. I sighed and watched her take a deep breath.

"I just don't know anymore"

"What is it? You guys can work through it" I insisted. But she shook her head, looking out the window. She bit down on her bottom lip which had started to tremble.

"I don't think we're right for each other" she said, letting out a sob. I was taken aback by what she'd said, inviting a silence between us.

"But I can't imagine Mattia with anyone else" I said. There was a pause as the waiter gave us our drinks, and Elena quickly wiped her eyes.

"All we do is argue" she said, dabbing at her eyes with the napkin.

"That's what married couples do" I explained "Vic and I are at each other's throats all the time, that doesn't mean you throw away a whole marriage because of it"

"I don't think he's happy with us anymore" she said, making me wonder whether she'd heard anything I just said.

"Elena, you have two beautiful children together, you're going to hurt them in unimaginable ways"

She gave me a small smile when I mentioned Mia and Axel. No doubt about it, they were the two most precious people in Elena and Mattia's life. I was hurt over the fact that she didn't see it in that light.

"He's slipping away from me, I can feel it Alé"

"He's not! You're just going through a phase" I said, my voice growing louder over how badly I wanted her to get my point "the guy cheated on you and you still forgave him, how is this worse than that?"

"I practically cheated on him too" she said, re tying her hair.

"No you didn't, you didn't even kiss Kairi"

"I just..."

"Elena" I took her hand in mine "you're both made for each other, there is no one else on this whole planet, who will love you the way he does"

She broke into a smile as her glassy eyes refilled with little tears. I returned the smile and leaned forward, planting a kiss on her forehead.

"I need to go home" she said, picking up her purse. I hadn't even noticed that we were in the same clothes from the party. We stood up and I linked arms with her as we walked out.

"We look good, you know" I said, nudging her slightly. She let out a small laugh as we approached my car.

"He'll probably be asleep" said Elena as we started driving. I tapped my fingers on the steering wheel as we came to a red light.

"Then talk to him tomorrow"

She nodded her head slowly, but still looked unsure. I squeezed her hand gently, giving her a confident smile.

"Just please, talk to him"

A/N

Sorry for the late asf update guys, I've been taking a bit of time away, and I've finallyyy figured the ending to this story 💕