Chapter Twelve

ELENA'S POV:

"She's cute" I said, turning back around to face Alejandro. He rolled his eyes and quickly put his arm around my shoulder, guiding me towards the pool instead.

"What are you doing?" I said, moving away from him. I turned around to see they were staring in our direction. Well Mattia was.

"They were about to speak to you" said Alé.

"I'm not gonna cause a scene here, that's not what Vic wants" I said, placing the cupcake on the table ahead of me. I was looking for Vic when I felt a pair of arms wrap themselves around my legs, and I would've fallen forward if Alé wasn't there.

"Mamma I missed you so much" whimpered Mia. I would've burst into a smile but her eyes were puffy from tears and I felt my heart break a little bit.

"My baby" I said, picking her up and kissing her multiple times. Alejandro rubbed her back as she rested her head on my shoulder, a little smile finally appearing on her face.

"Hey- Mia what happened?" said Vic. Her face fell when she saw how upset she looked, and she stared at me for answers. But I shrugged my shoulders, I could only assume it was since she hadn't been with Axel and I for so long.

"What happened Mia?" I said, smoothing her dress down. She looked at Vic and Alejandro keeping her head buried in my neck.

"Cassidy was mean to me" she said, rubbing her eyes. I looked at Vic, furrowing my brows. She looked at Alejandro but he shrugged his shoulders.
Mia pointed at the girl standing next to Mattia. I pressed my lips together into a thin line when she smiled at us and turned back around, so she couldn't see me filled with rage at the pure sight of her.

"I swear" Alejandro covered Mia's ears quickly as I carried on "if she did anything to hurt my fucking daughter I'll kill the dumb whore"

"Okay, time to go see Axel!" said Alejandro, taking Mia to the other side of the garden. Vic stood next to me and grabbed my arm.

"Let me handle it" she said, but I shook my head.

"Fine you can come with but Elena please, I don't want Leo's party to be ruined all cause Mattia bought a dumb bitch to the party" she said, as we walked over to them.

Cassidy saw us approaching them first and she tapped Mattia's arm. He turned to see us, and smiled at Vic, without batting an eyelid towards me.

"Hey Vic" he said, but she didn't return the smile.

"Can we talk in the house?" she said. Mattia nodded, but then looked towards me.

"Does she have to be there?"

I felt my cheeks heating up as I quickly fixed my eyes on the ground. Vic looked at me quickly.

"Who? Your wife?"

Mattia rolled his eyes and walked into the house, leaving Cassidy facing us.

"Don't look at me as if this doesn't involve you, move" said Vic. Cassidy raised her arms sarcastically in surrender, but kept a smile on her face.

"No need to yell" she said, mocking Vic. She turned and walked into the house. Vic took a deep breath before joining them. I turned back to see if the kids were okay, but instead I locked eyes with Kairi for a split second before hurrying into the house. Of course he'd seen everything.

I joined them in the living room, all three of them were stood up. You could cut the tension with a knife. Vic stood opposite Mattia and Cassidy and I went to stand by her side.

"So I don't remember writing Cornelius on the guest list" said Vic, folding her arms. My hand flew to my mouth to stop myself from laughing, and I saw Mattia's lips curl upwards into a smirk.

"It's Cassidy" she snarled "and I don't care about your guest list, Mattia invited me"

We looked at Mattia who in turn, looked as confused as we were. He looked at Cassidy and quickly took a step away from her.

"What the fuck are you talking about? You tagged along" he said, letting out a laugh. Cassidy's calm and composed attitude suddenly turned bitter upon hearing Mattia's words. She folded her arms and took a step towards him, resulting in him backing up.

"Excuse me? You invited me" she said, prodding Mattia in the chest. Vic quickly stepped between the two of them, facing Cassidy.

"Hands to yourself, cucumber" she said, much to Cassidy's annoyance. She stamped one foot on the floor, similar to when Mia has a tantrum.

"It's Cassidy!" she shrieked, causing us all to jump. She looked at Mattia one last time, almost as if she wanted to say something, but instead marched out the room, and out the front door.

"What the fuck were you thinking?" Vic said, closing the door again and turning to Mattia. But he shrugged his shoulders, leaning against the wall.

"If she can act the way she did around Kairi, then why shouldn't I be able to?" he mumbled. Vic's eyes went wide upon realising that he'd seen. But I hung my head in shame, he was going to find out at some point.

Just as Vic was about to say something, we heard Alejandro calling her from outside.

"Look, sort this out, I mean fuck your outfits are even matching, don't come outside until you've sorted it out" she said, before leaving us both in the dimly lit living room. I couldn't bring myself to look at Mattia, and I'm pretty sure he felt the same way.
I waited for him to speak first, but immediately regretted it when his mouth opened.

"So when did you fall back in love with Kairi?"