Chapter Eight

ELENA'S POV:

"What the fuck are you doing?"

My head snapped away from Kairi, just as our lips were inches apart. His hands flew off me as I looked towards the door and saw Vic standing there.

"Holy shit" said Kairi, leaning against the counter. Vic looked at him, then at me with complete anger.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" she said, looking at us both. Her face was red, but then she saw Axel and pointed to the hallway.

"I'm not waking him up because you dumb bitches can't control yourselves" she said, holding the kitchen door open. Fuck. I walked past Kairi and stood in the hallway, waiting for Vic to yell at me. But she looked at Kairi and waited.

"I'm not a fucking teenager" he laughed. But Vic's expression stayed deadly serious.

"Even a teenager wouldn't stoop as low as you just did"

The smile from his face quickly vanished and he hung his head in shame, joining us in the hallway. Vic closed the door and looked at us, her arms folded across her chest.

"One of you start fucking talking" she said, tapping her foot against the floor. She was always the mom of the group, especially in this instance.

"How did you even get in?" said Kairi.

"She has a spare key" I mumbled, looking at the ground. There was an awkward silence and I felt like Kairi and I were both thinking the same thing.

"Are you gonna tell Mattia?" I asked, biting my bottom lip anxiously.

"No"

I let out a sigh of relief, knowing we could all move on from whatever happened.

"You are" added Vic. My head shot up and I looked at her as if she was talking gibberish.

"What?" Kairi and I said at the same time. Vic shrugged her shoulders and picked up the bag of food which was on the floor.

"I bought pizzas because I thought you might want some company, but I guess he beat me to it" she said sadly, looking towards Kairi. I held onto her arm before she could walk over to the front door but she shrugged me off.

"Vic I cant tell him, it'll just ruin everything" I pleaded, but she kept looking at Kairi.

"See? You've ruined everything, and it sure as fuck isn't the first time"

"Shut the fuck up" shouted Kairi, making us jump. I clenched my jaw and nudged him towards the kitchen.

"Just wait for me in there" I said, and he glared at Vic before walking out. I looked at Vic who was shaking her head at me, with her eyebrows raised.

"So after all that, you're letting him stay?"

"Vic just stop, let me figure this out because Mattia's not the only one getting hurt here" I said.

"What the fuck? Who else?"

I glanced round to see if the kitchen door was closed before turning back to Vic.

"Adriana" I whispered, watching as Vic's expression turned soft. Adriana had never done anything wrong to any of us, and had been there for us countless times before. She didn't deserve what was coming for her in any way at all.

"Look, today is Wednesday. And Saturday is when Leo turns one, and you're all aware of the party we're holding" said Vic "I know for a fact, Mattia and Mia will be there, so you have till Saturday to tell him"

Not knowing what else to say, I nodded as she turned and opened the front door. But before I could close it she turned around to face me with a solemn expression.

"Elena, if you don't tell Mattia, then I will"

She walked over to her car and I closed the door, turning the key in the lock. Resting my forehead against the door, I felt my thought racing through my head, wondering how I was meant to tell my husband I cheated on him.

"Hey"

I felt myself internally screaming when I heard his voice. Years ago it would cause my stomach to be swarmed with butterflies, but now every time I heard it, I was filled with paranoia.

"You should go" I said blankly, hearing him move closer to me. I turned around to see him with a hurt expression on his face, but I couldn't find myself feeling sorry for him anymore.

"Hey I'm sorry" he said softly, his hand reaching out. But I moved back before I could let him touch me, causing a frown to appear on his face.

"Just go, please"

I opened the door for him and he looked at me in annoyance.

"But what happened earlier-"

"Was a mistake" I said "it was a mistake, and should've never happened"

For the first time, I found myself not feeling guilty for hurting Kairi. I know it makes me seem like a bad person, but I felt a small sense of satisfaction knowing I'd hurt him the way he hurt me.

"See you Saturday" he said, walking out and slamming the door behind me. I leaned my head on the wall and took in the silence, which was immediately interrupted by a loud cry coming from the kitchen.

I cursed under my breath, Kairi knew exactly what the fuck he was doing. But all I could think about was Mattia and my baby girl. I couldn't lose them over this. I'd invested too much time in Mattia to risk losing it all. But that's exactly what I did. I put a whole marriage on the line. And for what? For a few fucking seconds of pleasure? I thought back to the time when Mattia had cheated. No. I couldn't use that as an excuse.

This was my mistake. Only I could be held accountable for what I did.

A/N: the next chapter got me fucked up😔