Chapter Seven

ELENA'S POV:

I gently brushed Axel's hair out of his face, watching his brown eyes wander around the room. Despite only being one, he'd noticed two people were missing from the house. Mia would always cuddle Axel in the morning and her absence was felt by us both.

Mattia had been gone for a week by now, and hadn't answered any of my texts or calls. I took as an indication that he wanted his space, so I stopped trying to get through to him. I laid Axel in the cradle and stood up to get myself a glass of water when I heard a knock at the door. Placing the glass on the counter and peering over to Axel who had fallen asleep, I walked out to answer the door.

I opened the door and sighed in annoyance when I saw him.

"What do you want, Kairi?"

He frowned upon realising that I wasn't happy to see him like I usually was.

"I just thought I'd come over to see how you are"

"I'm great thanks, my husband left with my daughter all because you thought it'd be cool to ruin the last picture I have from Vegas"

Kairi's head shot up at my words, his mouth almost curling upwards into a smile "he left?"

Shaking my head, I closed the door but Kairi put a hand out, stopping it halfway. Reluctantly, I opened the door and stepped aside, letting him walk inside.

"I think we should talk" he said closing the door behind him. I folded my arms and let out a sigh.

"Are you gonna throw another picture out my window if it doesn't go your way again?" I said sarcastically. He refrained from laughing by placing a hand over his mouth before walking towards the kitchen.

"Is Axel asleep?" He said, turning back to look at me. I nodded, following him in. He looked on the counter and saw the photo that I'd left there. Once Mattia had stormed out, I didn't know what I was meant to do with it, so I left it alone.

"I'll replace the frame" he said quickly, getting out his wallet. I rolled my eyes and went to sit on the couch.

"I don't need your money Kairi" I said "what I need is my family back under the same roof and no money can fix that".

I didn't even have the energy to yell at Kairi, I just felt so deflated, and for the most part empty without Mattia and Mia with me.

He came over and sat next to me, putting his wallet away. He rubbed his hands together awkwardly, unsure of what to say. I sunk into the couch, looking out the window. It had started raining badly, perfectly reflecting my mood for the past few days.

"Let me help you" said Kairi out of the blue. I looked at him and tried not to roll my eyes again.

"Don't you think you've done enough?" I said, leaning on my hand. Kairi's shoulders slumped downwards, instantly making me feel bad.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound like a bitch" I said, sitting up. He shrugged, giving me a little smile.

"I deserve it"

"That you do" I said, standing up and going to get my glass of water.

"So why'd you really come over" I said, turning on the tap. I heard Kairi's footsteps coming closer but didn't bother turning around as I took a sip. I felt the cold water travelling through my body, as I felt a pair of hands resting on my waist.

"Kairi..."

I stayed facing the sink as I felt his hands travel around me, eventually staying on my stomach. His right hand reached forward, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear as he moved his lips closer.

"It's not over for me" he whispered. His voice was low and I felt my head tilting backwards and resting on his shoulder. His lips met my neck and he left a trail of wet kisses from my jawline down to my collarbone.

I hated it, I hated him.

I felt his arms wrap tighter around me as I closed my eyes and tilted my neck, giving him more access to my bare skin.

"Why can't you love me back, El?" he said, keeping his lips against my neck. I looked to my left, trying to think of an answer. But my mind had become too foggy to even think straight. I felt him smirk against my neck, but the butterflies were missing this time.

He placed his hands on my lips and spun me round, pressing my back against the counter. He brought his face closer to mine, his eyes full of remorse yet I could see lust mixed in those dark brown eyes.

I stayed silent, watching as his eyes flickered down to my lips and my hands travelled up his chest.