Chapter Forty-Four: I Thought You Liked Cliche Romance Or Mushy Stuffs

HOLY FLYING PIGS. Breath Evelyn just breath. He isn't kissing you so that's good.

Jayden's hood was big enough to cover both of our faces as Jenny walked passed around us but I don't pay attention to it as both of our foreheads pressed against each other, our breath mingling together. My eyes darted to his only to see him staring back at me and his arms went around me which hung loosely on my lower back.

I'm just helping him.

Everything was black inside but the lights coming from outside gave me the opportunity to look into his blue eyes that's almost black now. What I never noticed was they had tiny golden flecks around the pupil, almost unnoticeable unless you are close enough to see them properly.

I hoist my arms up and wounded them around his neck, lacing my fingers together and feeling the material of his hoodie tense under my palms.

I'm just helping him.

"Jayden! Gosh- he's probably not here." Jenny muttered off then left the place though I don't see it, I just hear the high heels fading away.

I bite my lips and closed my eyes, his forehead warm against mine as I asked. "What seems to be the problem?"

When he doesn't answer, I fluttered my eyes open and see them staring at me with an alien expression. His eyes alone made my heart beat in a way like I've been running a 200 mile marathon in one row. It was overwhelming at the point I had to close my eyes again to get rid of them, when at the same time, I didn't want to.

I. Was. Helping. Him.

"Um, a while ago, I was like... talking to her then I ditched her when I saw Ken harassing you so you know, it's kinda predictable for her to follow me to the dead end." He whispered, his breath just him and a strange smell of perhaps some drink he had a while ago.

I softly laughed, letting the sound drift off. "You're an idiot."

He doesn't answer, instead chuckled and bumped his nose softly with mine. "It was a do-or-die crisis. And she's annoying."

My smile swept off from my lips in the motion and my head felt heavy either for his closeness or his smell. And suddenly, my blood boiled in the thought of... whatever he meant by talking.

And it bothered me.

I let go of him and backed away, quickly gathering myself. "I-I...Jenny is gone. You should go. And I need to find Rosetta too."

His mouth opens for something to say but without giving him another chance to reply, I took off, anger rushing through my veins.

Yes I was mad. Actually mad. The only thing I didn't understand was why. Why was I mad at him? Of course he's dumb. And being dumb just adds up more point for the reason of me being angry at him.

Stupid stupid stupid...

I was storming off without exactly knowing where i was going. I wanted to scream and let the whole world know that I was annoyed by an egotistic handsome jerk. 

 I bumped into several people that swore at me three times in a row but I didn't give a damn about them. I wanted Jayden to follow me and stop me to explain but at the same time, I didn't. I wanted to swipe his big ego off but at the same time, I didn't.

What is wrong with me? Acting on impulse for a dumb idiot guy? 

Me? Evelyn Joan, who hasn't even kissed anyone in her seventeen year old life? Pitiful!