Chapter Fifty-Seven: I Didn't Get Dumped

FOR three days, I didn't talk to him.

And don't get me wrong, not just three days, I won't be talking to him anytime soon.

I think Jayden Flynn knew that he deserved it so he didn't dare try to connect with me again although for the last three days, there were more doorbell ringing than usual and frankly, I hadn't bothered to check them.

But if I was being honest to myself, I did want him to beg for my forgiveness, to crawl to the ground and grab my feet but I knew better that it won't be happening and I had much more self pride than that.

I uncomfortably shuffle in my bed, staring straight at the ceiling and torturing myself by thinking about the incident that happened three days ago. It was 8 pm and mom and dad weren't home, and I've seen Blake screaming into his computer screen a while ago in his gaming room, though I couldn't hear anything now, I didn't want to get off of my bed.

Speaking of Blake, he had tried to talk to me about the thing, but every time he did, I turned around to make my back face him so I don't have to recall them ever again, yet things weren't easy.

I think Cal Finer had enough decency in him to not tell my brother about anything that happened between us. Blake was stupid, but not stupid enough not to know that somethin definitely went wrong with the date.

My eyebrows knitted together when I heard something- a loud shouting match coming from one of the house in the neighborhood, though muffled, and rolled my eyes. It stops after a few minutes.

Couldn't find a better time to fight with each other.

My thoughts went back to my life again.

And at last but not least, me? Well...I guess I was kind of doing okay.

The minus point of the whole Jayden thing was I had to go to school alone and come back alone now, since Rose still ignored me skillfully and had changed her seat in History class. The worst thing was she was now mingling with the Charlies Angels a little too much, though I wouldn't say she looked enthusiastic about it.

And for Jayden, well, we didn't have any classes together so it was hard to get a glimpse og him, and it might even be my imagination but I think he was avoiding me on purpose, be it school or home, because every time I stepped out of the house these days, I could swear I distinctly heard the door of their place slammed shut.

It should've made me feel good but it didn't.

I felt so hopeless that I didn't know what else I was supposed to do. The tournament is in a few days and now that I wasn't even talking to Jayden, it made everything so much harder. But there was plus point in everything.

Since Jayden and I weren't seen together anymore, I think the culprit had postponed the day of their ambush a little behind. It was good, because I don't think we culd've done anything about it if we stayed apart from each other...

Ding dong.

I groaned, having a guess about who it could be. I wasn't going to face him now, not that I could anyways, so I screamed, "Blake get the door!"

There was no noise.

Another ring.

I raised myself up an inch. "Blake?"

Nothing.

"Blake!"

Another. I cursed. Whoever that was, had a low patience level, not that it could be someone else. And of course my brother had chosen to not be in home right now.