Chapter Fifty-Six: It's Stupid

In no way in hell this is happening. 

But I can't just walk up to them and say to get out, because Jayden's mischievous eyes followed me as they sat across us, in a way so he was facing me and Jenny's back was facing Cal's back. 

He planned it all carefully. 

He knew where I was going. He must've known it from Blake, who was stupid enough to tell anyone anything so even if I was writhing in anger right now, I wasn't exactly surprised.  

My body felt on fire as i realized something.

Which meant, the plan of sabotaging my date, was not because I'd flirted with Cal today. He'd planned it before it, most likely the moment he got to know about it. And Blake... Blake went away at afternoon, which was right after Jayden and Mia came in. It all fits in so well that I didn't have any room for doubting my brain because I knew I was right. 

I stared at Jayden, challenging him to take his gaze off me. I couldn't win, because my eyes had went toward Jenny, talking animatedly to Jayden about something. As much as I hated the Charlies Angels, she looked gorgeous with what she was wearing; a black halter dress with a long slit on the left thigh, although it couldn't be seen since she was standing but my eyes had caught it when they walked in. 

And I couldn't help but feel a hateful tug in my stomach. 

I glanced down at myself in the baby blue dress, my spirit dying out. I looked nothing like her, and for the first time in my life, I wished I could be sitting there in that chair instead of Jenny.

No. No, stop. I can't think about him now. 

My focus came back to Cal who was done giving orders to the waiter and the smile he was wearing falls off. "What's wrong?"

I blinked, then forcefully stretched my lips out, so it looked like I was smiling. "What'd be wrong?"

He shrugged. "You look like you've seen a ghost or something."

"Oh no, I haven't." It took me all my willpower to utter out 'I've seen something worse.'

"I see," he nodded with a frown. "But you sure you're okay?"

I looked down on the clean plate in front of me and the forks beside the plates, just as much cleaned as they were and I thought back to what my brother's best friend, Owen said to me one day when I dragged Jayden's drunk ass to school. 

You don't feel like it when you don't feel it. 

I think I knew now what it meant here. 

Sure Cal was cool, he was good-looking, and he got into Stanford, but for some reason, I don't think no matter what he did or didn't, wouldn't make any difference to what I have for Jayden, I don't know whether it's feelings or simply a jealousy because he's one of my best friends and currently with someone he shouldn't be.

It just didn't feel right to be with Cal at all.

"I'm not." I answered to his question. 

Cal looked genuinely worried this time and gulped. "Why?"

Time to bring it up now. 

I cleared my throat. "I'm really worried about the students who got caught in, you know, that vandalizing thing."

"Oh," Cal let out a breath, looking relieved that it had nothing to do with what he was expecting, what, I had no idea. "Yeah it's weird."

I bit my lip, looking at the window and not Jayden. "What do you think did happen?"