Chapter Twenty: He's Frickin Eighteen Anyways

"I can't eat this." Eliot groaned as I place a plate of cheese pasta on the dining table. I glower at him and throw him the most nasty look I could muster.

"Then go make your own food. The kitchen is free."

He gives me an unbelievable look then dig into the food. Jayden on the end of the table, gave us an amused expression. He reach forward to the pasta which was made by me, after a moment of passing me and Eliot looks. I was dreading for that part.

Trust me,  cooking is not my thing at all. In that way, Eliot is right when he said he can't eat this. Last time I cooked, the only thing I could say is it was for Blake that our house and I survived from an arson. 

You can imagine what happened.

I sat in a chair, then expectantly look at Jayden, wanting to know about my pasta feedback. He gaze up at me, a shock written over his handsome face. Swallowing hard, I groan, dropping my head on my forearms that was on the of the table. I knew it. I knew it was bad.

"It's bad as a fried maggot right?" I mumble between my hands.

I could feel two pair of eyes on me and in that moment, I wished I could dig a hole and lived there forever. Why my cooking have to be this bad?

Someone speaks near me. "Not bad as a fried maggot Queen but close to a pro."

Shooting my head up I turn to him. Really surprised. "Is it good?"

Even Eliot nods along with Jayden. "Not as bad as I thought it would be."

I snap my head at the nun. "No one asked for your opinion-"

"- You filthy little mudblood." He bluntly finish my sentence and my eyes grow big in disbelief. What is the matter with him?!  

Throwing my hands up, I surrender as a smile of victory tick on Eliot's lips and I felt like to smack him on the head. That's the reason I hate him this much. And in our whole conversation, Jayden just watch us calmly, eating the pasta one spoon after one.

I scoff at them and dig in my food. At least I want to taste my own food.

Dinner was entirely uneventful except for the small talks between Eliot and Jayden about school and stuffs like that. The rain had stopped an hour ago but the weather was saying that it might come back again in midnight or before that.

Funny thing was there was something similar in their talking which was a little strange. Who knows why. Making a mental note to ask Jayden about it later, I collect all of the plates and dump them in the sink. I'll have plenty of times to wash them in the morning.

Comfortably enough, Jayden dive into one of our two-seater and lay his head down on the armrest and both of his stupidly long legs dangled at the end of the couch. He adjust his arms behind his head, bringing his phone out in one hand and I suddenly feel the urge to do the same.

So I do.

Following the same position as him, I lay down on our another two-seater couch. I felt him eyeing me for a moment but I don't budge. I just need to chill that's it. Eliot enter in the doorway and sleepily says. "I'm going to sleep." Seriously, he woke up like one hour ago.

Once he leave the place, I sigh and start talking. "What are you gonna do about the rumor Jayden? I'm sure it's still flying all over the school."

He drops the phone on his chest. "Do what I said. I just think it's her."

"Jayden," I exasperatedly exclaim. "Kate likes you but she won't do anything that is out of hand!"

"I know it too. But it's like something isn't right. I know Kate's obsessed over and stuff but she's not like someone who'd chase you in the middle of the night just because you humiliated her, she's not that dumb. The puzzle fell in the wrong place. It can't be her."