Chapter Four: I Almost Imagined Him as a Puppy!

"Eve, are you listening?"

I heard Rosetta's voice the first time in the crowded cafeteria, first because I haven't heard if she had been calling or talking to me or not. 

If I tell positively, yesterday was nothing compared to everyday, but if I say negatively, well ... it was quite bad actually. Not that mom has scolded me cause I did something, but it was because she had a fight with a customer and was making fuss about that the whole evening. There was no point of calling me actually.

Honestly, I have no idea what Rosetta said the whole time, I was too busy to swirl in my thoughts. So instead of not knowing anything, though I don't know what she had said, I picked up an apple.

"Yeah. Go on." She beamed and again began to blabber, this time I listened properly, about Tyler that how he helped her in lab and his chemistry homework.

My phone vibrates in my back pocket when we found our seat in the cafeteria. I place my tray on the table which we sit everyday and excused myself from Rosetta and went behind a wall, away from everyone. Bringing my phone from the pocket, the first thing I noticed was an unknown caller ID. And second, everyone was looking at me weirdly, as though something was written on my forehead.

Forget it.

I picked up the call and slowly said. "Hello?"

"If it isn't my queen!" A chirpy yet raspy voice came though the other side of the phone and didn't take a second to realize who was it. Yes.

Jayden.

Flynn, if you're confused.

"What do you want you stupid?" I snapped, not worrying about the fact that Rosetta has already started to sneak out from our table. I signaled her that I'm coming, thus she sat down on the table and bit a fry.

"Nothing much. How was the ride by the way?" I heard he munched something after that. Hey, hold up. Munch? It means he's here already. I rotate my head everywhere to see if he is here and...

Yeah. No doubt he's that. He's piercing blue eyes are already staring at me back, Blake, who's there too. A smile crept up to my lips recalling the memories of yesterday night.

"I hated it." Abso fricking lutely not meaning it, I said to him. I actually did like that. Not to mention that he's a good driver too. He smirked at me back at that.

"Nice to see that I've made you smile." And here he goes again. I blew a raspberry with my mouth. "Anyways, why did you call me ..." and abruptly stopped there. And that's when it hit the dimwit brain of mines.

Why didn't I notice first? My eyes widen and my mouth opens in shock. Oh gosh!

"Hey! Where did you get my number?" I asked him sternly. I saw he let out small laugh, baring his perfect teeth, still, it looked like he had been watching a slapstick. I'm freaking out here and he's smiling? How can person be this strange?

"So, you've noticed." He at last says, his voice full of humor. "Jayden..." I said warningly that caused him to stifle a chuckle again.

"I won't tell you, queen. Secrets have costs."

I waved my hands in the air. "Tell me now."

He shrugs and moves the phone from his ear, and I just watched, only to see him hang up the call.

Glaring at him, I went back to my table, ripping apart our eye contact. Rosetta watched me sit as she asked, scrolling on her phone, of course checking Tyler's Instagram account. "What was it about?"