Chapter Seven: It Doesn't Feel Like It When You Don't Feel It

I'm walking.

If I say accurately, I am not basically walking what people might define as move at a regular pace by lifting and setting down each foot in turn, never having both feet off the ground at once. What am I doing currently is now lugging with someone under my arms in an irregular pace.

I don't know if there is any laws against bringing a drunk student in the school and if there is, I'm doomed. 

Jayden mumbles something on the crook of my neck where his cherry-beer-ish breath was persistently hitting, his soft, messy, kind of rough hair tickling under my chin and the side of my neck. I reshuffled him under my arms, in and out weary, pretty sure the bag of my eyes is big as my teddy bear.

"Did you say something?"

He softly chuckles and again mutters some incoherent words, and I let it go this time. 

Sam had dropped us a few minutes ago and went back to their place since he and I were the only ones who were sober enough to drive a truck- precisely me- and apologized to me and said something about their last bunk, how they were literally trapped in a janitors closet. Too exhausted even to listen properly I nodded to them- or Sam, the rest of the two of them were tipsy-and engulfed Jayden in my arms as they drove away.

The hallway is utterly silent for the reason that all the students had left half an hour ago, in fact if it is practicable, we were the only one left in the school exclude for the teachers and staffs, perhaps only us. I pivoted my heads to see anyone was seeing us or not. Making sure that no one wasn't, I walked to my locker to pick my bag and other stuffs from there, then his, and then where to go, I don't know. I was never been with a drunk person before, unless it counted Blake, and very likely Jayden was the first one to give me the experience and for God's sake, it has to be him.

Confused?

So this is what happened.

After they all dragged me with them, Jayden and Austin had basically forced us to take a few shots of beer in a pub. Yes you heard that right. Beer. Correctly, underage drinking.

Sam and I was wondering if Vanessa, Jayden and Austin would ever stop drinking cause even if they would, they will be totally wasted. I, for once, never in my life touched beers, I mean, I am not exactly a good drinker and my experience in North Carolina was easy to deal with the situation since I had too much awkward memories with those.

And so, here I am you can see, dealing with this weigh of a ton boy, with no future in my life. But surely, I never thought the answer would come that fast.

"Evelyn? Is that you?"

Screw the answers. No janitor's closet here?

Blinking repeatedly, finding no where to hide lastly, I whiled around, defeated and too tired even to run away with the bulk in my hand, my back aching with this pain in the ass. No, back.

As soon as I did, I wish I didn't, as a matter of fact, it was the blackhead boy I knew so well, Owen Carter, one of the best friend of my brother and if he is here, or if my eyesight is working properly, today I'll be grounded.

"Hey Owen." My voice seemed too high pitched even in my own ears, that his head shot up in a blow.

Owen was possibly the only one who cared about me like his own sister. And for that point, I loved him like a brother too. On the other hand Blake's other two best friends, Kai and Noah were the two who's always up to how they could annoy me in every possible way.