Chapter Fifty-One: Days Won't Be the Same

The inner circle was the soccer team. 

Freaking stupid, but it made sense because we couldn't possibly let one of us get associated with the Charlies Angels so the closest thing we could find possible to the inner circle was the soccer team. 

"Why would I go there?" Mia screamed at the top of her lungs outside the school two days later after we've set everything up for what we were about to do. It was decided from the start that since it was her who suggested the thing in the first place but she's been making scenes from day one that it'd be mayhem.

Even though Mia was the one who randomly said whatever came to her that day (she confessed) but she didn't actually work out this perfectly. 

We chose today because yesterday the soccer team didn't have any practices (I had to casually ask Blake for this) and it was today in the free period so we were good to go. Only I hope we were going to nail it and get some important information this time instead of wasting out time.

And for some reason, Mia didn't seem too reliable this time.

"If your cover is blown, just say that you came to get something for your boyfriend or something." Austin, not so helpfully, suggested from the side and we all turned to glare at him for his idiocy.

"She'll be getting something for her boyfriend from behind the locker?" Jayden scoffed. "God, Austin you're even more useless these days."

"You won't be blowing your cover, Mia." I said, reassuring her, even though I wasn't reassured myself about this. 

Mia was trustworthy at keeping secrets but not as trustworthy at keeping herself hidden inside of a locker room, moreover to spy on guys. The locker room was a closed space with a lot of smell and guys who were not like Jayden or Sam or Austin and that was a thing to worry about too but I wasn't worried about the latter because I knew Mia would rip their head off if they try something.

"It's really weird to put my sister in the job," Sam said, scratching the back of his neck to which Mia wagged her head. 

"She's an idiot, the only thing she's gonna do is getting caught." Austin added again, to which Jayden punched his stomach and smiled at me in victory. 

"Thank you Jayden," Vanessa said and then dragged the three of us away from the three of them.

We stopped from a good distance away from them then Vanessa crouched down to get down at Mia's level since she was almost a head taller than her then looked at her full in the eyes. 

"Hey, hey, idiot, look at me." She snapped her fingers in front of her eyes. "Look, Mia Caracoro, you do know that we don't really see you as our best friend's little sister, but as a best friend, don't you? So listen to this; if you really are our best friend then you're gonna do it and I'll believe that you can do it. Do not be a poulet, do you hear me?"

Mia looked somewhere else for a second, looking like she was considering this but then just shook her head quickly, denying the whole thing. 

Vanessa gave up trying and rose up again and put both of her hands on her hips as though she wanted to kill someone but there were too many witnesses for her to do it. Seeing her hopeless made me more hopeless and for the first time in my life, I had a nasty desire to kick Mia's butt.

We stand there like a bunch of idiots, Vanessa breathing fire with her hands on her hips, me who is always hopeless standing more hopelessly and Mia fussing about why she shouldn't go in.

I glanced around to find a way to convince Mia to go in when out of nowhere, Vanessa grabbed my arm to make me look at her. Shocked, I glanced at her in bewilderment and when I did, I was kind of taken aback by the way she was looking at me in a new light.