Chapter Sixty-Four: I Went to Meet My Varsity Boyfriend! Ugh!

I knew I had to do it, one way or another. 

I guess I've known it for a couple of days now, lurking behind my head with an aspect of finally using it when I was using my brain and now that I knew what I had to do, I had to do it. 

I had to talk to Rosetta. 

I knew from Kate's words that she was forced into it (I had a hunch about it before, I just hated the fact that she hid it from me), I needed to know what they threatened her with that she accepted. 

I knew I'd overdid it with this thing but if I'm being honest- She deserved it. But now, what I needed was to hear her side of the story. 

So leaving the guys at the school, putting on a huge hoodie over my head (it was Jayden's), I walked towards her home. 

If I was going to finish it, I was going to finish it. 

Within a few minutes of walking, my body turned warm. I was near Rosetta's home not much later and I could feel my heart beating inside of me because of the tension. I was going to confront her. 

How awkward was I going to feel?

Finally, stepping onto the porch, I heaved a huge sigh before pressing on the doorbell. 

A crash, a bang followed by someone screaming like a banshee followed by someone cursing profoundly, walking towards the door was heard and the next second, it flung open, blowing my hair behind me. 

"Hello," I greeted my confused-whether-or-not-she-was-my-ex-best-friend. 

She was in a pink lose T-shirt that hung down her knee and a shorts with her hair all in green hair curlers. She looked like a crazy lady and if it was any other day, I would've laughed at how funny she looked but now all I felt was a discomfort in my stomach. 

"Oh," she said, holding the door. But she looked tensed as she looked outside quickly as if somebody was watching. "Hi."

I awkwardly waved my hand. "You look great."

She shook her head. "You certainly look better than me."

I was silently hoping for those movie moments when you and your bestie get into a fight and then you guys come to confront and then you look at each other and burst out laughing and then everything is fine.

Yeah I wish. 

Instead, Rosetta, like a sensible person, stepped aside from the door. "Come on in."

I walked into the house I've walked in millions of times before yet now that I did, it felt strange. Almost like I was stepping into it for the first time again, and trust me, first times aren't fun times. 

In a habit, I started to walk towards the staircase before I caught myself and followed Rosetta to the kitchen, where she leaned her back on the kitchen counter with her head down, her toes drawing patterns on the floor. 

"So," I said, casually trying to lean onto the fridge but feeling awkward as hell then just leaving the fridge alone and standing with no idea what to do with my hands. 

"I was," she cleared her throat. "Just getting ready."

I stared at her. 

"You've seen the photo, didn't you?"

Her head snapped halfway towards me before she stopped and tried to brush it off by looking not surprised by it. 

"Kind of."