Chapter Sixty-Five: You're Cruel

The cheerleaders went all out. 

And the strangest thing about all of it was, even though Kate stayed in the middle, she was kind of overshadowed a bit by Vanessa's charm. I'm sure it had nothing to do with her appearance but the way she moved made me want to know what Vanessa really used to do.

The entire field was filled with drums now, the cheerleaders stopped from dancing and resting on the front of the bleachers. Lights were strewn across the field, and in that, there were crowds. 

All over. 

If it wasn't for the drums, the audience could've taken the role of the drums themselves- with the way how everyone was completely enamored with the thrill of the match. I couldn't blame them and hopefully they were about to go home with smiles on their faces. 

And right now, the subject of my photo was kind of overlooked which was a relief because I could sit among a bunch of people and not get looks of any kind. Yet, it was safe to stay hidden, I thought, because be it that my subject was sandwiched between the news of Blake getting kicked out and the entire game basically- I was still in a sandwich. 

All that was left was watch the team win. 

We all sat in one row, watching the empty field when the spectator screamed excitedly (more like a thousands of dead racoons) and started speaking. 

"Welcome everyone- to the year end match of Northern High against Ridgeview- the ultimate, the most awaited game of all year... CAN WE HEAR SOME NOISE?"

The entire field erupted with screams and crying of the audience. Even with tension in our stomach, we couldn't help but do the same. The entirety of the field was fizzling with a bright and colorful buzz, you could almost see the magical energy seeping out of them.

It was an exciting night. 

My parents must be around somewhere, I thought, as I turned my head around to catch a glimpse of them but failed due to the lack of space among so many cheery, bright faces. 

What would they think once they find out that Blake was kicked out of the game?

"People even painted their face?" Jayden loudly said in disgust, looking over to the bleacher to point at a group of parents who were among the ones that seemed to be on a par with some really loud goats but I laughed, thinking that they deserved to cheer for their kids too. 

For a second, I even forget our miseries. 

"Will you give your judgements a rest?" I rolled my eyes. "They're just happy to be there for their kid."

He energetically waved the banner that Mia half-assedly made him, then groaned at me. "You should judge people too, it's fun sometime."

"Well why should I?"

Jayden shrugged. "To see the perspective of yourself? Judging is the only way you can do that you know."

I watched his side profile screaming like a nincompoop at the field as the players walked out, and along with him, the field burst out with emotion. 

My heart lurched for my poor parents.

But hey, it's sort of okay, they've been to all of his game, one where he isn't playing won't make any difference. 

I suddenly realized that Blake was sort of on the risk list with me to get expelled. I was probably going to, but knowing that Blake was with me gave me some sort of confidence. At least I won't go down alone. 

Right now, when the players of Northern High waved around the field dispiritedly, I thought about how fair it was that Blake wasn't with them. But Blake not being with them meant that they've lost an important ally and moral support.