Chapter 66

Hiiiiiiiii babies!!! 

FIRSTLY - LOOK AT THIS ART!!!  Done by the utterly incredible danz-m !!! I can't wait for you guys to see the rest of her artwork - if you are impatient and don't want to wait then you can see them already on my insta! An unreal amount of love to Danielle - I'm blown away and actually cried when I got the drawings x 

Trying not to mash loads into each chapter so that the story doesn't seem rushed and you guys dont get confused but ITS SO HARD!! 

SO MUCH IS HAPPENING!!!! 

SCREAM

(Ironic that this is chapter 66 and the devils number is 666 and a CERTAIN SOMEONE IS MAKING HIS REAPPEARANCE KIND OF GRRR)

.

CHAPTER 66

.

The second that I tell Trent that Andy mentioned the bomb and tried to warn me of someone, I'm in the car and back at the packhouse before I can blink. If I'd ever wanted to see Trent in Alpha mode - this was the time. 

We're sitting in his office - somewhere that I've never been before but had always wondered what it looked like. To say it exceeded expectations was underexaggerating. 

I'd maybe have thought that it would look professional and neat - large windows and metal lining. 

I was wrong. 

Firstly, there were no modern features anywhere bar the computer that sits on one side of the room. Everything else seemed to be made of dark wood - glossy finishes up to the ceiling. One wall did have windows, but the dark curtain over them blocked out most of the light until he pulled it back as he ushered me to sit down. 

Secondly, the place was a bit of a mess. Every surface seemed to be covered in post-it notes or pieces of paper that had lines drawn between them, red circles surrounding bold words that stand out. It was safe to say that Trent was investigating something and it looked pretty complicated. 

But what caught my eye most was that the other walls were lined with books upon books. As far as I could see these weren't any ordinary books and some of them looked to be pretty old up on the high shelves. 

Words catch my eye as I survey them; shifting, witch hexes, healing for werewolves. 

I could probably do with spending some time reading these. 

As Trent comes off of his phone he clears his throat, pulling my attention away from his personal library and instead to his stressed features which are skimming across the scattered papers in front of him. 

So far, no one had actually told me anything of what was going on and I'd sat pretty patiently waiting to be brought in to the circle of knowledge. 

And yet - nothing.

I reach across to try and bring his attention to me, maybe to stop him from stressing out so much. 

"Trent-"

The door behind us swings open without him even looking at me, his figure immediately rising as people walk into the room and come round to his side. 

I huff and sink back in my chair as they greet each other, giving a little wave to Robbie and Lyle who just nod at me briefly before turning to their Alpha. 

"I need you guys to go and scope out these trails," Trent orders, fingers making a pattern on the map, "Get a team of at least ten to go either way - I want this guy found, now."