Chapter 32

I wrote this in one sitting.

I haven't proofread it or gone over it.

So, I apologise if it's shit.

I just got super excited.

I HOPE YOU ARE TOO!!!!!

.

.

Chapter 32

The first time I kissed Matt I thought that I would never experience another feeling like it. My hands were clammy, my breath shaking and my heart wouldn't stop pounding in my chest and when he finally pressed his lips against mine the giddy feeling washed over me like a cool breeze.

It made me wonder what kissing Trent would be like.

I stand, waiting for him to say something, the silence around us deafening as he doesn't move, his eyes staring at me; unblinking.

All the confidence I had races out of me and my hands now shake out of nervousness, out of embarrassment. 

So much for that idea.

I slowly take my hand away from him but he doesn't seem to notice, it's as if he has turned into a statue.

One which apparently didn't want to kiss me.

I clear my throat and glance at the boys beside him who are all staring at me with the same awestruck expression, except occasionally their eyes dart to Trent as if they were waiting for him to make a move.

"Well then," I half shout, my voice unnaturally high and I quickly cough as I take a step back, trying to cover up the fact that tears are starting to pool in my eyes, "I'm just gonna go," I manage to choke out before I spin rapidly and start power walking my way across the grass, determined to get back to Kristie before my tears betray me.

What was I thinking? That Trent would just kiss me? Fucked up, ruined and emotional mess me? 

Yeah, sure.

I look up at Kristie, expecting to see her running towards me with open arms, ready to comfort my idiotic idea and wipe away my tears but instead she's standing with her hands clasped together, jumping up and down on the spot.

And so are the girls beside her.

What the–

Before I can process the idea that everyone is loving the most embarrassing moment of my life and that I would most likely never be able to show my face in school again, footsteps echo behind me as if they're heading right for me.

I only manage to turn half around before an arm is wrapping itself around my waist and pulling me the rest of the way, straight into a warm and toned figure that towers above me.

As I go to lift my head up a hand cups my jaw and does it for me, the gentleness but strength in it making my stomach flip and I barely get a chance to catch my breath before lips are pressed against my own.

I wish I could say that I remember every single detail of that moment.

That I can still feel how his arm felt around me, tightening with every second that we were pressed together, or how it felt to wrap my arms around his neck and twist my fingers into his hair.

How his lips felt against mine.

But I can't.

All I can feel is bliss.

It pulses through me from my fingertips to my toes and it's not butterflies in my stomach, it's a hurricane that picks up all the feelings of doubt that I've ever had about him and throws them from my being and all that's left is us.