Chapter 39

HI BABIES!

Thank you so much for your lovely comments on the last chapter, i LOVE seeing where you're all from and imagining you all reading my book whether it's on your way to school, in bed or out and about! It makes this all the more real. 

I hope you like this chapter, it's not edited so I apologise but I got excited and wanted to give it to you guys now because I'm working all weekend so I may not get another chapter done but hopefully I will. 

Been rethinking an actor to play Trent as I've just never found the completely perfect one so PLEASE leave me suggestions.

I love you all immensely.

(This chapter is almost 5,000 words so please enjoy and be nice to me if I'm late with the next one xxxx)

.

.

It was hard to focus in class. That seemed to be becoming the norm whether I liked it or not. But for once I wasn't distracted by the beautiful boy sitting next to me, I was distracted by the thoughts of monsters and witches lurking in the shadows of my life and who they could actually be.

Not to mention the book that we were studying was The Crucible and suddenly everything seemed a whole lot more real. Stories of people accused of witchcraft was the basis of the book and when I had first read it I knew it was just hysteria – but was there more to it? Was it real?

Would Mrs Grenway get arrested, hauled into the gallows or burned at the stake if people found out what she was?

Would Cam?

"Miss Williams?"

I had been so caught up with the excitement of finding out that this was all real that I didn't consider what else came with it. Would I ever be able to go out at night again? Every murder the read of the news, or animal attack nearby – would it be human, animal or a mix of the two?

I'd met monsters in my life, surely none of what hides out there in the dark could be worse than the horrors I'd faced from humans.

But something was scratching at the back of my mind, it made my feet constantly bounce and my fingers pick at each other – like there was something I should be remembering but I couldn't.

"Elle!"

Something hits my legs and I snap out of my spiralling thoughts, my leg thumping in pain as I look up and glare at Kristie whose watching me with wide eyes, her head motioning to the front of the class.

I look forward and see Mrs Howard standing with her arms crossed, her eyes looking between me and the board beside her which has questions on it regarding the book.

I clear my throat and shake my head, panic setting in as I realise I have no idea what she's waiting for.

She was going to kill me.

Glancing at my book I can see that I haven't been doing nothing the whole time, but instead my hand has been drawing without me realising, words and swirls all mixed together, but there's one thing that's clear throughout.

I was drawing wolf eyes.

"I uh- I don't um," My palms begin to sweat, "I'm sorry I- "

Why was I drawing that?

"I can write it Mrs Howard, Elle has it written down anyway."

Trent stands up beside me and grabs my book before I can move, or object and I watch as he walks to the front of the classroom, taking the pen from her has he begins to write.