Chapter 68

So um the last couple of days my reads have shot up and I was number #13 on the werewolf list but that's now disappeared but it still meant the world to me and I wanted to thank all of you guys so much!!! 

I hope you like the chapter x 

.

.

.

CHAPTER 68

Visions of his death flood my mind. 

I can see his broken body, I can already hear my screams of anguish and pain like they've been prerecorded for viewing pleasure. 

I can't do it. Not again. 

If Cam was dead, could I even go on? Could I survive the heartbreak of losing my only family and best friend in such a short time? 

When I see his slumped figure being carried between two people I thank the gods that I don't have to know the answer. 

"Oh my god," I breathe, my feet running towards him on their own accord, my arms pushing past the people trying to hold me back. 

I can hear Scarlette and Cole telling them to get out the way, I can hear the mumbles of anger rippling through the crowd but I don't care. 

I only care about reaching Cam. 

When my fingers finally brush him I only get a second before I'm yanked back, my feet stumbling as I try to steady myself. 

"Hey!" I hear Cole shout as he catches me, his tone full of anger, "What do you think you're doing!" 

I push myself up straight, using Cole as support as I turn to look at the man who pushed me, his body acting as a defensive wall between me and my unmoving friend. I didn't recognise him - he wasn't someone who lived in the packhouse for sure, he was much older than any of the guys I had met. The two men holding Cam also seem to be at least middle-aged. 

"No one is to get near the prisoner, Alpha's orders," he growls and I flinch back at the dark look in his eyes and the venom that he spits at Cam. This man was vile, someone that I definitely didn't want to be looking after one of my friends. 

"What do you mean prisoner?" I shriek, stepping up to him, my height pretty much dwarfed by his tall stature, "Let him go right now."

The fact that Cam has yet to even lift his head worries me - I had been too overwhelmed to notice before but now I can see the rips and tears in his clothes and the blood drying along the edges of them.

"He was found trespassing and tried to run. The punishment for that is severe. Sorry, sweetheart," the man smirks, rolling his eyes at me, "I don't listen to you and those are the rules."

Who does this guy think he is!

"We've been looking for him!" I yell,  "Are you stupid, he's my friend, let him go-"

"I really don't care," the man shouts over me, making me step back in shock at the aggressive tone, "I ain't doing anything for you."

Fury builds inside me as he stares down at me, dark eyes unyielding and vicious, a small smirk on his lips. I ready myself to argue, to try and make him see how wrong he is but before I can speak there's a mumble through the crowd behind me.

"What about for me?"

The man in front of me freezes, his confidence and smarmy expression getting wiped off in under a second and suddenly, his body doesn't seem so large anymore.