Chapter 48

another upload already? DAMN RIGHT! Just as a thanks for so much love on the last chapter 💞💞
Hope you enjoy xx

(Pic above is one I saw of Alexis Papas and it kind of reminded me a little of Trent)

CHAPTER 48

"Thanks, Scarlette," I sigh, "For everything. You really do know how to make me feel better."

She smiles but her eyes flicker to the door, making her stand, "You're welcome, Luna. I'll leave you and a certain pouty boy alone."

I'm confused for a second before she mouths 'Trent' and points at the door, a wink following. The blush on my cheeks increases as she walks away, muffled laughter trailing out with her.

"Hey! Don't start calling me that!" I call as she opens the door and throws me a cheeky grin while leaving, nodding her head as she does.

"Alpha."

The worry that Scarlette had made me forget about for the last short while returns with a vengeance, the idea of having to have a difficult conversation makes my hands shake.

As she disappears Trent enters, stopping only a few steps in as the door shuts behind him, an apprehensive expression on his features.

"Hi," I say quietly, trying to not think about Scarlette's story and the feelings that were apparently going to increase between Trent and me, but the hot feeling on my face indicates that I'm not being very successful at that.

Was I meant to feel flushed or worried right now? Could I be both?

"Hi," he replies gently, scratching the back of his head, "What were you and Scarlette talking about?"

I nonchalantly stand up and wave my arm above my head, high laughter escaping my mouth. "Oh, nothing big... just the story of werewolves and mates and such."

Oh, very breezy Elle, congrats.

There's silence around us as I face away from him and stare at the painting on my wall, trying to not let him see how much his presence was already beginning to affect me.

I just needed to get a handle on my emotions and my heartbeat, I was a grown woman I could handle both.

"And what do you think of it?"

Trent's voice is so low and close that the hairs on the back of my neck rise and my stomach curls, my body already anticipating the tingles that will begin to shoot across my skin as soon as he touches me. I can feel his breath on my ear and the heat of his chest on my back and it takes everything in me not to fall into it.

Alright, maybe I couldn't handle it.

"W-Well," I start shakily, my words catching in my throat as his finger touches the outside of my thigh and trails up the side of me, continuing on to run up my arm, "I think it's very r-romantic."

His hand moves at a snail's pace and I don't know whether I want to scream at him to stop or hurry up - it was maddening having him so close but not touching me with anything other than his fingertip.

Romantic was not the first word that had entered my head. Of course, it wasn't. Sure I thought it was romantic and beautiful but a more primal urge fired up within me at the idea of it. A feeling that made my toes curl and my knees buckle.

"Just romantic?" he pushes, his nose touching into the side of my neck and I instinctively tilt my head to let him, my body betraying my mind, "The idea of someone being your other half, of knowing you better than you know yourself... of completing you?"