Chapter 52

Hi guys!!! Hope you're all well x 

Been watching the Watermelon Sugar video on repeat so that's how my lockdown is going!! Stay healthy and safe and kind to yourselves - don't worry about weight or productivity right now; your best is your best!

Lots of love xxx 

CHAPTER 52

In the morning he is gone. 

The bed is cold by the time that I wake up and a small part of me can't help but feel disappointed that he isn't the first thing that I see when I wake, but I'm also grateful; what exactly would I say to him? 

'Thank you for sleeping in my bed and for giving me the best nights sleep possible.'

How awkward.

I jump out of bed and head for the shower, making sure to take all my clothes with me as to avoid another 'almost caught naked in the hallway' situation that occurred earlier in the week, thankfully it had been Scarlette the last time but I wasn't going to risk it again.

The water is hot on my skin and the stress of the previous day melts away as I lather myself in body wash, my mind trailing back to Trent and his soft words. 

He could settle my fear like no one else... and he thinks I do the same for him too. 

Is this what it feels like to be in a relationship with mutual respect? 

The thought makes me snigger but then I still.

Relationship 

Trent said we would take our time, take things slow. Me inviting him into my bed was probably not on that list but it almost felt right. It was hard to believe that I'd managed to stay far away from the man for so long and refrained from showing my true feelings. 

Now, it was as if my body was screaming at me to find him and let him hold me. 

Damn mate thing. 

Stepping out the shower I dry off my body and pull on my clothes, keeping my hair in the bun on top of my head. It was a strange feeling; walking around the house without worrying about chores or getting in trouble or having to look my best. It was... refreshing. 

When I begin to make my way downstairs I can smell something sweet and fresh and... burning?

Panic flickers through me; the crumbs of memory from the blast still stuck in the crevices of my mind, digging into my lungs, but I ignore them. That was in the past, I was safe here. 

There are shouts coming from the kitchen and I quickly make my way there, following the trail of smoke that's billowing through the hallway. 

As I step into the kitchen I'm confused at first, watching four fully grown people all crowd around a pan that seems to be on fire, their yells and flailing hands showing that they have no idea what they're doing. 

"What's going on?" I ask, trying not to laugh at their expressions but when they all turn and look at me in horror I quickly hide my amusement and grab a towel from the counter and put it under the water tap, letting it soak.

"Elle - um - well the pan it-" Cole tries but I quickly move past him and throw the towel on top, suffocating the fire and putting it out. 

Everyone seems to sigh in relief as I turn around and wait for them all to explain to me what's going on. 

The twins, Robbie and Lyle, both comically mirror the same awestruck expression, their mouth opening and closing like fish while Cole and Scarlette are frantically shooting each other looks.