Chapter 33

Over 180K reads.

There's nothing else to say but I'm so grateful and love you all.

Also make sure to read the note at the end for info on the insta account i've made for you guys to see more of the book and have more of a connection with me and it!!

You guys wanted an idea of Trent's tattoo so here it is! short time in photoshop so it's not the best but please send me your own ideas/thoughts/edits and ill make sure to share them on the account! Love you guys xx

Chapter 33

When Trent had told me that we would be walking to the house through the forest I thought he was joking, but upon seeing the small path leading through the trees and up the hill I knew that he was being serious. It was a good thing that I trusted him.

The walk to the house was most definitely taking longer than it should. I don't like to point fingers at anyone but if I had to say why then my educated guess would be that it's down to the drunk idiot who is screaming at almost anything that rustles in the trees around us and the people around him who are laughing in hysterics.

"Tom, it was literally a leaf," Kristie gasps, hand over her stomach, "Like legitimately, you stood on a leaf, it's not going to kill you."

Tom grumbles something in response and Kristie almost falls over as he leans against her, her intoxicated legs struggling to walk, let alone carry someone. I make a move to help her but Trent holds his arm out and stops me, his head motioning behind me.

"Guys, give her a hand would you?" Trent asks two boys that are walking in the opposite direction to us as if they had appeared out of nowhere and they nod in response, immediately heading for her without so much as a complaint.

Well, they seem accommodating.

Trent chuckles as the boys each take one of Tom's arms and lift him up onto their shoulders as if he weighs nothing, his large body tangling between them like it was hung on a washing line.

"Ooft," Tom exclaims, leaning his head back, "And who might you two fine gentleman be."

I shake my head at his antics and turn away, my focus back on watching where we're going, my eyes following the dimly lit path as I try not to fall over anything.

"So, let me get this straight," I begin, "You and your friends have a giant... clubhouse? And you guys just stay there alone? Without anyone minding? For free?"

Unlike me, who apparently just didn't question people enough, Kristie had drilled Trent and Cole for information about where they stayed before accepting their invitation for us to spend the night. According to her, she wanted to check that it wasn't a 'Frat House' and that we would actually be safe to spend the night without any incidents. Trent had informed her, and us, that every person in the house was completely safe and we would be welcomed guests.

That, along with the promise of a fully stocked fridge and warm blankets, was enough to convince Kristie that we should stay there for the night. Plus, I think the thought of hanging out in our local diner for another night waiting on Tom to sober up wasn't a very appealing option.

"Pretty much," Trent chuckles with a shrug, "All our families are pretty close and we all spend so much time together anyway, we didn't see why we all shouldn't live together. People can come and go as they please but most of them choose to spend their time in the house."

I frown, still not quite understanding it.

"But don't parents want to check up on them? Make sure they go to school and do their homework and eat properly?"