Chapter 14

Guys. This book is at 2.5K reads. This is unreal.

I'm sorry for the late upload, I was out celebrating a new job and I didn't have any reserve chapters written. I promise to try and not let it happen again.
I really love the part of the story we're getting into, and I know you guys are going to love it too!
This is dedicated to 000Dynamite000 for the amazing comments on some of the chapters and all the voting she's been doing. There are so many of you guys voting and being amazing and I just love how much you're all giving back to me! So make sure to comment your thoughts and let me know your feelings!

Plus, if anyone has any songs that spring to mind when you're reading this book I'd love to hear them. I'll maybe even make a playlist on Spotify that I'll add all your suggestions to!

Enjoy the chapter!

.

"Kristie, would you please stop fussing, you look amazing!" I groan, watching for about the tenth time as she adjusts herself in the wing mirror of a random car we're passing. "Seriously, you haven't changed since the last car you stopped at two minutes ago."

She humphs and jiggles are her bra up before pulling at her skirt again.

"Well, excuse me if I want to make an amazing impression tonight, it's hard enough walking next to you most of the time, let alone right now. I did too good of a job."

I laugh at my best friends comments and shake my head as she walks towards me, finally satisfied with her look.

I honestly don't know what she's talking about, Kristie looks incredible. Her brown hair is curled in almost ringlets and bounces every time she takes a step– she was so proud when she finally got them to sit perfectly that we'd had to interrupt our process of getting ready to do a 'happy dance' in the middle of her bedroom. She finally decided on wearing a sheer bodysuit which just hinted to her bra underneath, along with a short white skirt and strappy heels. She was stunning, and it annoyed me so much that she thought otherwise.

"People aren't going to be able to keep their hands off of you," I tease, nudging her in the side and she rolls her eyes, her gaze travelling the length of my body.

"Well, Matt is going to need to create a barrier around you to keep guys away."

Kristie had dressed me up for tonight after we spent hours on our hair and makeup, she said it was like dressing a real life-size Barbie. She'd chosen a pair of floaty, burgundy shorts for me along with a white strapless top and matching heels. After a lot of debate, we'd agreed on straightening my hair and tying it up in a high pony-tail; Matt had a thing about my hair being up but I knew I would get warm at the party and I couldn't be bothered with the sweaty neck I'd end up with if I kept it down. Around my neck I wore a thick white choker, it wasn't my favourite but I knew I had to have something to hide the fading bruise.

"Can we just agree that we both look good and leave it at that?" I ask, linking my arm with hers and she pretends to think about it for a minute before nodding and laughing. "How many people do you think Tracey has invited?" I mumble as we round the corner onto the street.

As soon as stop talking I begin to hear the music pounding and I can feel the thrumming of the bass through my body, my heart beginning to race as her house comes into view.

"I think you got your answer," Kristie half-whispers, her eyes wide and staring at the home in front of us which seems to be flooding with people, "She always does go over the top. Our whole year might be here."