Chapter 37

You never cease to amaze me you incredible people. 10,000 new reads since I uploaded chapter 35. I'll never stop feeling this feeling for you guys.
Had a rough week- seems to always happen whenever I start to feel better. Got loaded with a lot of bills, my phone got stolen and I have no WiFi or a working laptop so yeah it's been bad. Had this written on my laptop and had to write it again on my new phone that's shit. But here I am and you guys are pulling me through as usual.
I love you all
.
.

Chapter 37

My vision blurs as I try to open my eyes, the soft pounding below rocking my body side to side as wind flies through my hair. My house draws closer and closer to me and a figure above carries my body in its arms. When I look up the sky is moving behind them.

"Hang on, Elle." It says, echoing through my ears and I try to talk, to reach out and touch them, to ask who they are.

But my arm barely moves and my head lulls back again, my vision turning back to nothing.

"Just hang on."

.
.

Mumbles around me awake in my ears first, but it seems that the rest of me is yet to catch up. A sweet smell like burning candles and cakes comes to me next – my senses slowly coming alive.

I can hardly feel my body, like I'm floating above it and just watching myself think.

Am I dreaming?

The voices continue to talk some distance away but I can't make them out, it's like there's earplugs in my ears, muffling out the syllables..

Panic engulfs me.

What if I was paralysed, or trapped, or in a coma?

Something begins to tickle my hand. I move my finger and try to get it away.

What if I was dead?

The annoying and constant feeling isn't leaving my hand and I want to scream. Was I going to have to enjoy the sensation forever without being able to do anything about it?

I focus all my panic and energy into my hand and try to get it to move.

Come on.

Suddenly I feel it come up and bat away whatever is intent on not leaving me alone and a breath of relief leaves my body.

Peace.

But the feeling doesn't last long as before I know it the sensation is back but this time more forcefully and across my arm. What exactly had I done in my past life to endure this kind of torture? What is this my own living hell?

A groan leaves my chest and all this seems to do is entice it further, the area of focus now the whole side of my body and I begin to squirm in an attempt to avoid it.

"Stop," I managed to chuck out like my throat is laced with gravel, "stop it."

For begins to take on my face and before I know it I'm sitting up and crossing my hands in front of myself, trying to protect what ever I can, but the creature keep pushing forward eagerly to the same starts to come from the vibrating body.

The sound makes me stop trying to push away and instead I open my arms and slowly open my eyes, blinking away the black patches interfering with my sight and ignoring the lightness in my head.

"Obi?" I ask incredulously and the large dog lets out a cry of happiness and throws himself at me, his weight knocking me back down into my previous position.

I giggle as he is really nuzzles me and I reciprocate the action, engulfing myself with the love and warmth that he radiates. My voice is like scratching a chalkboard and hurts to even breathe but I can't help it.