Chapter 1

I'm so excited! I can't wait to go on this journey with everyone and I hope you're all as excited as I am! Remember if you're a rereader then let me know! Honestly sending the most love in the world to every single one of you. 

Let's begin!

.

There was something strange about school today. I could taste the anticipation in the air on the tip of my tongue. People were standing eagerly discussing news that was spreading like wildfire through the halls and my skin was prickling like I was wearing a jumper that I'm allergic to. I felt odd, as though something was about to happen that would change everything, but I could not figure out what it could be.

"So have you heard the news?" A scream leaves my mouth as I slam my locker door shut, surprised at the sudden presence beside me. But I sigh in relief when I see their charming grin, "Oh sorry Princess, I didn't mean to scare you."

Standing in front of me is my boyfriend Matthew Daley, his blue eyes shining with laughter and I can't help but smile back, he was infectious. Every time he smiled I felt my heart flutter and my stomach twist. Even after almost three years together I was still in love with him, despite the issues that we had. 

His question springs into my mind and my curiosity peaks, "What news is that?" I ask, trying to figure out beforehand if I'm meant to have a positive or negative reaction to the news.

"Eastern Valley Woods High School got burnt down last night, not a single piece of the building is left." 

I gasp at the news, my mind whirling. How did it happen? Was anyone hurt? Was it done on purpose?

"That's not even the shocking part," Matt interrupts, my thoughts pausing for a moment, "They're sending all the school here, we're going to be cohabiting."

He's right – the news is shocking.

I don't know when the issues between Northen Valley Woods and East Valley Woods began, or why, but whatever reason it was must have been huge because for as long as I could remember, there has never been a friendship between the two schools. In fact, there wasn't any contact at all. With anyone.

Eastern Valley Woods, or as it's called EVW, was a High School on the other side of the forest that surrounded our little town of Nothern Valley Woods. It was an extremely dense forest that seemed to go on for miles if you went in it, although no one ever did; we were banned from a large section of it by our council after a number of disappearances about thirty years prior, and the section we weren't banned from was near the school and only got used for seniors feeling wild enough to have an outdoor party. But even then no one ever went too far in. The people from the town of EVW were hardly ever seen, and I didn't know a single person who knew of anyone from there, let alone the high school. There were rumours made up about the town, saying the people in it were crazy and that if you went you would never return. Obviously, I didn't believe it... well maybe I did a little. I mean I did find it strange that they had no connection with any of the other schools, our rivalry with Southern Valley Woods was a massive part of our school - our games against them usually attended by almost the entire school and faculty, and even West Valley Woods travelled over on occasion even though they were over two hours away.

But EVW? Nothing.

"Is the whole school coming here?" I ask Matt, keeping my voice steady.

His head nods, "We're the closest and they couldn't afford to provide transport all the way out to SVW or WVW, plus apparently our principle and theirs are old college buddies or something." He pauses, looking around the already filling hallway, "It's going to get crazy that's for sure, they've already started turning the spare gym hall into a makeshift classroom and Freshman and Sophomores are having to share lockers so that the new seniors have ones available."