Chapter 16

Damn him. Who the hell does he think he is to just kiss me and run away? RUN AWAY! Maybe I would feel a little better if he walked casually away but no he ran! I have never felt so rejected before in my entire life. He deserves to go to hell, get a beat down by Satan, and then struck by lightning. Even then I wouldn’t forgive his sorry ass.

            With a frustrated shout I ripped another canvas off of the easel and threw it across the room as I messed up for the umpteenth time today. I’ve been hiding out in here for the past two days skipping classes so I wouldn’t have to see that jerks sorry face; Tricia left once she saw the murderous look in my eyes and I felt bad but I was too angry to really care at the moment.

            It’s just, why did he walk away? Was he afraid of what Crystal or anyone else would say for that matter? I thought we were actually getting really close lately after all those times like, the decoration fight, or when he stole my paper and had me chase him, the way he looked all concerned when he saw my hip…

            Maybe this entire thing was just an act and he really doesn’t care about me at all; just wanted to see how much I would fall for him. Well screw that I hate that asshole’s guts and plan on punching him the first chance I get. Maybe I would even dare take his hair gel so he wouldn’t be able to style it every morning; that would show him.

            Once again I made another mistake on the canvas and threw that one onto the growing pile of trash that I was making. It was a good thing I was using my own supplies or the school would probably give me a bill of ruined school property. Or something about wasting school property. I don’t know, are canvases school property or Tricia’s property? What the hell am I even thinking about?

            Sighing in frustration I banged my head down on the table repeatedly until I felt a bruise start to form in between my eyes. I sat there silently feeling the blood rush to my forehead waiting for something to happen. When nothing did I sat back up grabbing another canvas staring at it wondering what I should attempt to paint and fail at this time. After a minute of nothing I just dipped my brush into the blue and started making random brush strokes.

            Now is Nick kissing me some sort of sign that I need to start paying better attention to my job and not get involved with the people here? I mean I’m supposed to be the top assassin in my organization which is why I was sent here to catch this guy. So why am I getting hooked up in all of my new friends and possible love interest? That’s not what people like me need to do or think about; it’s what idiots like Crystal and Ashley get to think and obsess over while I stalk around at night far away from any other living being except for the one who is supposed to die.

            Besides I really doubt that Nick likes me at all since well, I’m just me, Josey Marie Willow, the freak show of Lilith Academy. I wear black every day; nothing is above average in my appearance, I haven’t ever had friends before, really my life is kind of pathetic.

            Sitting here brooding failing at art wasn’t probably making my mood any better; especially since I’m all alone with only my thoughts to keep me company. Dropping my brush back into the coffee can I stretched out my fingers staring down with interest at my painting when a hand suddenly grabbed onto my shoulder.

            With a scream I lurched away from the mysterious hand hitting the table sending a barrage of paints flying all over me covering me head to toe. I sat up quickly then hitting my head right on the frame of the table sending pain waves radiating down to my pinkies. “Ow,” I moaned rubbing paint from my eyes trying to blink away the yellow lead.

            “Shit, sorry Josey I really did not mean to do that,” Tim’s voice rang out in the silence and he grabbed my hand pulling me up to my feet. I finally managed to get the paint out of my eyes and I saw him holding out a towel in my direction with an apologetic look on his face. I grabbed it shooting him a smile causing a relieved smile to slip back onto his features; god this boy is so sweet; he should really ask Sam out because they would make such a cute couple.