Chapter 9

The next morning I was lying in bed waiting for it; any time now. I glanced at the clock and saw that it was 5:59, one more minute. Sixty seconds later a high pitched scream ran through the entire room and Sam leaped up in bed looking slightly panicked. Trying not to laugh I followed her out into the room where Crystal was hopping around frantically missing half of her hair; Hehehe.

            “Oh my fucking god what happened to you,” Ashley shrieked running out into the room with her blonde hair up in hair curlers; god this morning just keeps getting better and better as we go along. I shot a look at Sam and saw that she was trying her hardest not to burst out laughing.

            They were both messing with her hair screaming and cowering on while I looked on. Here’s the deal, last night when I got back from kicking some serious ass I might have accidently sneaked into Crystal’s room and just cut off her ponytail. I mean seriously it was just so tempting that I took out one of my knives and just, slice; my pay back problem was solved.

            The idea that it was finally me that did something since I was still smiling about my memories Crystal shouted, “You are such a bitch, you’re going to pay for this Josey!”

            Wiping away fake tears I complained, “But Crystal we were starting to become real good things, why on earth would I do something as devious as this to my new best friend?”

            A second later Sam and I were running from our room as books, and other objects that Crystal could grab in a short notice, came flying at our heads. The door slammed shut behind us and the two of us looked at each other before we were on the ground laughing our asses off. I have never before laughed as hard as I was now with tears streaming down my face as I tried to catch my breath.

            Sitting up to her full height Sam hiccupped, “Did you really do that to Crystal last night?” I nodded and then we were laughing again even harder than the first time making my stomach hurt pleasantly. Laughing this hard make me feel really happy and excited so we skipped down to Natalie’s room to eat breakfast.

            Two hours later Sam and I were sitting next to each other in English giggling quietly as the teacher wandered out loud if Crystal was sick or not. The two of us had to sneak into our room an hour after we fled to get changed and grab our backpacks and we heard Crystal shrieking hysterically into her phone to what sounded like a hair stylist; we barely made it out of their without laughing.

            Peeking out of the corner of my eye I saw Nick staring out the window not giving a rat’s ass about Crystal or anyone else for that matter although by my standards he did seem a little friendlier today then he was a few days ago. But since he wasn’t doing anything interesting I stared past him out the window and watched the trees wave at me from the distance beckoning me to come join them.

            Gym, this is where most kids either end up totally embarrassing themselves (the nerds and geeks) or is a free period for all of the athletic kids who just walked around shooting hoops. Putting my foot on Sam’s leg to tie my sneakers I saw that there were a few traffic cones set up splitting the gym floor in half and in a huge bucket there were red rubber balls. “What are we doing today,” I asked putting my foot back to the floor.

            Tim opened his mouth to answer when there was a shrieking whistle and the coach barked, “We are playing dodge ball today! Everyone form their original teams, and Ms. Willow you will be and the blue team.” When he wasn’t looking I gave him a mock salute with my middle finger blazing making all the kids around us laugh.

            Pulling on a blue penne I asked, “What is dodge ball?” The next thing I know my three friends are staring at me with blank expressions as they tried to come up with an answer to what must have been the stupidest question in the world. Okay for one thing I was technically home schooled on my computer so what looked to be a game of torture was not normally played in my warehouse.