Chapter 25

*Here it is guys, my faithful followers, this is the beginning to the end of Kill Me Sweetly, the journey is almost over.**

           I tightened the knots around the idiot’s hands while he cursed me out. Cuffing him over the head I replied, “Hey it isn’t my fault you can’t beat up a little tiny sixteen year old girl; I mean come on dude, sort of pathetic.” I stopped to look over at his partner who was passed out in the dirt and stated, “Well at least you’re not as pathetic as that, he went down in one hit.”

            This week had passed by slowly and since it was Saturday and we didn’t have school tomorrow I decided to go out; I found these guys beating up a small geeky looking man in an alley. Nothing says suspicious like an alley.

            Tightening the last knot on the first guy I started walking away when he shouted, “If you let me go I’ll let you in on a secret!” I stopped and stared back at him, he quickly said, “I can give you information on really good black market with knives and a bunch of other stuff!” Why did he think that would buy him his freedom; I liked winning my knives.

            He smiled when I came back over; well he was smiling until I shoved a gag into his mouth and spit on his face for trying to bribe me. I walked away smiling at his muffled curses towards me. Whistling a merry tune I took my mask off at the edge of the alley and shoved it into my back pocket so I could just walk home without needing to hide. I passed the diner Sam, Nat, and I always went to, then the small art store. Pretty soon I left the street lights behind me as I stepped onto the road leading to Lilith on the outskirts of town.

            The walk itself only took me about twenty minutes, but then I opted to sneak in through the front doors of the school and walk to my room. I got to the doors and found them unlocked letting any stranger who wanted to sneak in come in. Rolling my eyes at Mrs. Hertz stupidity I pushed the doors open and stepping into the great hall staring at the marble statues.

            I shut the doors behind me and started making my way slowly through the halls. A hallway from the steps leading up to the girls’ dormitory a delicious smell of brownies hit my nose and I was instantly reminded of the time Adam brought brownies over to my place on all of my birthdays; without a second thought I started following my nose toward the smell.

            It took about five minutes for me to find a door cracked open; pushing it open a little more I peeked in and saw Mrs. Hertz sitting at her desk with a huge plate of brownies. I watched hungrily as she raised a brownie to her mouth then pause when her phone started ringing in the other room. With a sigh the head mistress pushed her up and walked into the other room; I heard her start talking to someone on the phone.

            Pushing the door open a little more I ran in and grabbed the plate of brownies then ran back out into the hallway quietly shutting the door back to where it was previously. Instead of making a break for it I stood there waiting until she came back into the room. A minute later I heard, “Wait, there were brownies right there…” Laughing I ran down the hall and started up the staircase while eating a brownie; oh my goodness they were still warm and full of chocolate chips.

            The door to my room was of course locked so I shuffled the plate of heaven into my other hand; I grabbed the key around my neck and unlocked the door. I shut the door quietly behind me and started towards my room when I noticed that the light was still on. Damn if Sam woke up then what am I supposed to tell her? I guess I should just say I went for a walk and stole some brownies from Mrs. Hertz; she would so get a kick out of that.

            Plastering a smile on my face I walked into my room saying, “Guess what I got you,” then stopped when there was no one there; Sam’s bed was empty. Shrugging my shoulders I walked over to my desk and set the brownies on it when the door slammed shut behind me; I nearly tossed the brownies.