Prologue

I am seated in a hammock facing the calm sea. The moon's reflected by the water. The wind is blowing my hair and the sea breeze is cold against my cheeks. It was a perfect place.

A man sat right next to me.

"Baby let's sleep"

I looked at him but his face was covered by the shadow of the coconut tree.

"Five more minutes babe, sleepy ka na?" I asked him while leaning my body against him.

I felt him encircling his arms around me. He leaned down on me, to kiss my lips, his chin up to his lips were slowly revealed by the light from the lamp post.

The light illuminated half his face. In just a matter of seconds, I will be able to see him fully. Our lips were about to touc--

"Tayo nalang dalawaaaaa! Tayo na lang mag samaaa! Tayo na lang dalawa!! Tayo naman talagaaa!"

Napabalikwas ng bangon si Chaine nang marinig ang alarm niya. She reached for the clock on her bedside table.

"5 AM na pucha"

She turned off the clock and laid on her bed again. She was breathing heavily. It was that dream again.

Sighing heavily, she stood up and went to the bathroom to brush her teeth.

"What's wrong with you? Bakit bumamalik na naman? Sino ba yon?"

She asked her own reflection. She have dreamed of that exact same scene for almost two years now. Always the same scene but in different places.

She's always confused, who the fuck is that guy? She's been traveling different places in the country. She's familiar with those places in her dreams but something's off. She's always traveling alone, so who is that guy?

She went out to her wide spaced sala to do her morning exercise. This is her everyday routine. She wakes up at 5AM to start her day. Exercise, take a bath, and do her work.

There is a gym in this building but she chose to do a home-based exercise. She doesn't want to interact with people. Her family said that she's an introvert. She dislike loud noises, it makes her exhausted and worked up.

That is also one of the reasons why she bought this condo unit. Her older sister is a vlogger. Dalawa lang silang naninirahan sa bahay nila sa isang village. Their parents chose to live in the province.

Her older sister is energetic and hyper. Most of the time, she shoots her vlog in our house. But her ate is sensitive when it comes to her. She knows that she dislike loud noises so her ate controls herself.

She moved to her condo so that her ate can be free to do whatever she want in their house. She just visit her every weekend when she's not busy.

Two hours has passed, nakaligo na rin siya. She sat in front of her laptop to check some emails, reports, and contracts.

She took up Agribusiness Management in UP. After she graduated, she started her shrimp farm and eventually became the number one producer in their region. She let her parents manage her business in the province and chose to live here in Quezon City.

After her business became stable enough, she enrolled in a French Culinary School and became a pastry chef. She really do love cakes which led her to start her own café. She have two branches of her café now, one in Panay, her province, and one in Quezon City.