Chapter 20: A deadly banishment

RYLEE'S P.O.V.

I directed my eyes to my right just to see Gerard looking back at me. A nervous smile appeared on his face as he took my hand as he could with his.

– Rylee? – he said interlacing our fingers and playing with them.

– Yes? – I replied and glanced at one nurse that passed the bed where I lay.

– Maybe we won't make it after this – he laughed nervously.

I couldn't help but smile because of his laugh, but it was a nervous smirk. I didn't want to think about that, about the possibility of...not making it.

– Don't say that – I replied squeezing his hand.

We remained silent for minutes. During that time I just looked all over the room, scanning it in search of I didn't know what.

– Rylee? – Gerard asked my name again as the nurse came and prepared all the things next to his bed.

– Yeah? – I looked at him, starting to feel dizzy because of the anesthesia.

– Marry me? – Our eyes met for the last time before the sleep carried us to a better place in that moment.

I barely remember saying yes before everything turned black.

FRANK'S P.O.V.

I walked from one place to another of that freaking corridor. I was nervous as fuck. Two of my best friends were in that room and I was just standing there, with Mikey.

Bob and Ray were off to do something I didn't bother in listening to what it was.

– Frank, stop moving for God's sake! – Mikey groaned.

– I can't – I was too fucking nervous as like to stand still in a spot.

Adding to that, I'd drunk two coffees that morning.

~»~

I had walked all over the hospital, going upstairs and downstairs just to relax my mind. Jamia wasn't there with me and that made me be more nervous. I decided to call her. Maybe that would work.

I dialed her number and waited until a sleepy voice answered it.

– Yes? – she said, she cleared her throat, but even with that her voice sounded a little hoarse because of the sleep.

– Sorry babe, I didn't mean to wake you up – It was 9 am. It wasn't late, but Jamia was a lazy ass and spent a lot of time sleeping.

– It's okay, I have things to do anyway – she replied. I could actually imagine her rubbing her beautiful eyes in that moment.

– I'm pretty nervous, we haven't had news from Gerard and Rylee since they came in the surgery room and it's been an hour – I licked my lip piercing.

– Everything is going to be fine, trust me, those two are too stubborn as like to not make it – I smiled a bit. That was true.

I talked to her for a while but I wanted to go upstairs again to see if there were news. She said she'd come later to see how they were doing after the surgery.

~»~

At 2 pm a doctor came out the operating room and looked around searching for someone or something. When he spotted us, he walked straight in our direction, a smirk appearing on his lips.

Good news then? Right? Good news?

I had to stop drinking coffee, but what did I just say? Like if I would ever stop drinking it.

– Are they okay? – I asked immediately after he stopped his feet in front of us.

– The surgery was a success, they'll be up anytime soon – he reassured and answered the rest of our questions patiently.

GERARD'S P.O.V.

I heard screams and I lazily opened my eyes. At first I didn't see anything, but then I started differentiating the forms of the objects and people in the room.

– What happened? The doctor said everything would be fine! He fucking said it! – a familiar voice yelled too close for me liking it.

 My eyes traveled all over the white room, spotting Mikey in a chair in the corner of the room, his face buried in his hands. I frowned and continued looking around, narrowing my eyes because of the bright light on the ceiling.

In the bed next to me, Frankie held Rylee in his arms while two hospital orderlies tried to hold him back.

– What's wrong? – I managed to ask. My voice sounded hoarse and my lips were too dry.

– You! It's all your fault! She was supposed to be alive but you killed her! – Frank cried out in my direction, still fighting against the orderlies.

I frowned not understanding anything. Then I got it. I looked at Rylee, her eyes were closed and her skin looked so pale it scared me.

– She's...dead? – I felt myself dying inside too.

– You should have stopped her! She didn't listen to me, but you could have stopped her! You deserved to die, not her – Frank sobbed, burying his face in Rylee's neck as he hugged her tightly.

I lay on bed, my eyes on them. I felt the tears rolling down my cheeks but didn't wipe them. I deserved to have their marks in my face forever.

Suddenly, I felt an enormous amount of pain in my chest. I looked down and watched how my hospital clothes were soon bloodstained. I coughed and from my mouth came out more blood. I couldn't breath. I was choking with my own blood.

Then I saw a bright light and the unbearable pain disappeared.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not the end of the story for those of you wondering it.

Hope you liked the chapter! Keep reading, voting, commenting :D

Stay alive and fight for your dreams!