Chapter 14: None of your business

FRANK'S P.O.V.

That happened on the Saturday morning. It was already Monday and I was waiting for Gerard and Rylee to appear. I sat down on our typical spot in the high school cafeteria with Mikey and Ray. Ray had just arrived from a medical appointment.

A few minutes later Gerard and Rylee appeared in the cafeteria and walked to us, hand in hand as always.

– Hey Geebear! – I said opening my arms for him.

He smacked my head.

– Ouch, why would you do that? – I pouted rubbing my nape.

– You know it – he narrowed his eyes and then ignored me as he talked to Ray.

– You know Geebear, I bought you something, but I'd rather save it for myself – I stood up and sat down next to Rylee, using her as a shield just in case.

I slowly took out of my bag the comic I bought for him in NY and put it next to my face, smiling while pointing to it.

Gerard glanced at me not really paying attention, but then looked at me, eyes wide opened.

– OMG, you didn't – he said and tried to take it from my hands.

– No! First give me a kiss – I pointed to my cheek. He looked at me dead serious but then sighed and kissed my cheek.

– Yes! Be careful Rylee, one day, he'll be mine – I narrowed my eyes playfully. She laughed.

RYLEE'S P.O.V.

– No! First give me a kiss – Frankie said, pointing to his cheek. Gerard looked at him dead serious but then sighed and kissed his cheek anyway.

I bit my bottom lip trying not to laugh.

– Yes! Be careful Rylee, one day, he'll be mine – Frankie narrowed his eyes playfully. I finally laughed, then rolled my eyes and stood up.

Gerard looked up from the comic he'd just opened.

– You going? – he asked as he flipped the page.

– Yeah, I've got an exam, I'll see you later guys – I pecked Gerard in the lips, waved goodbye and made my way to the music classroom.

~»~

The exam was easier than I thought. That wasn't what the posh girls of my class thought seeing as they came out of the class talking about how they invented their answers.

How could they confuse Beethoven with Mozart? Okay, enough thinking about it or my head would explode.

I went to my locker and in my way I found an interesting situation. Speaking sarcastically.

The captain of the football team and two players “talking” with Frankie and Gerard. I said “talking” because when you're speaking, you aren't against the lockers.

I went to where they were and exchanged looks with Gerard.

– Is there any problem guys? – I asked crossing my arms over my chest.

– Oh! You were waiting for your girlfriend to protect you, weren't you loser? – Mark taunted.

Yeah, Mark Kriket, the one I kicked in the balls.

– Shut the fuck up, Mark – I said but was interrupted by Gerard.

– Rylee, this is non of your business – he said looking at me fully in the eyes.

Frank and I looked at him with the same expression. An eyebrow raised and a “are you fucking kidding” expression.

Gerard still looked at me in the same way so I decided to let that asshole with his business.

– Don't worry, I won't bother you – I said while turning around.

I went to my locker and took my things, glancing from the corner of my eye how they continued arguing.

Why was Gerard acting so weird? Was he stupid or what? I was just trying to save his and Frankie's asses.

GERARD'S P.O.V.

– You're stupid – Frankie said as he looked up at me.

We were inside a locker. It didn't happen since primary school. Bad memories. I sighed.

– Shut up – I groaned trying to move a little in the limited space.

– No, I won't. Why did you talk to Rylee like that? She was just trying to help us, you asshole – he continued.

– Leave me alone – I groaned.

– I would, but I can't, we're inside a locker because of your big ego, remember? – he huffed.

– Aren't you tired of being saved all the time, Frankie? – I asked looking at him after the school alarm stopped. The corridors would be soon filled with teenagers wanting to go home.

– I'm tired of being beaten, not of being saved, and she is your girlfriend, idiot – he rolled his eyes, trying to cross his arms but not being able because of the lack of space.

I didn't reply. What was I supposed to say? He was right after all. We kept in silence for how many minutes? Five?

The locker door was opened and we both fell to the ground.

– So Rylee was right – Bob said looking down at us shaking his head.

Frankie rubbed his butt and glared at me after Bob's comment.

– Right about? – Frankie asked as Bob helped him up.

– She told me the locker where you both would be in – He said, glancing at us as I stood up.

Okay so she knew the number of the locker and didn't come, instead she sent Bob to take us out. I was fucked up. Maybe if I bought her something she would forgive me...