Chapter 64: F*ck you, Braxton Hicks

RYLEE'S P.O.V.

I gasped. I held my belly with one hand and the other rested on the couch's arm, trying to sit back down. When I was able to do it, I shook Emilien's arm until he woke up.

– What's wrong? – he asked, alarmed by my expression.

– It...hurts – I managed to say, holding back the tears.

– Oh god, wait, I'll grab my keys and take you to the hospital – he replied, and as soon as he said it, he disappeared.

I tried and looked for the right position, but couldn't find any where the pain decreased. It came and went. When I thought it was over, the twinge appeared again.

Emilien entered the room, quickly but gently picked me up bridal style and went downstairs all the way and to his car. I tried to tell him that it wasn't necessary, but it actually was.

I curled up into a ball and tried to hold back a scream whenever there was a toss.

~»~

I barely remember arriving to the hospital, but Emilien had told me that a doctor and a nurse took care of me and that he was left in the waiting room, filling the necessary papers.

I looked around narrowing my eyes. I didn't like hospitals. The white rooms...they reminded me of Gerard and I's accident. Gerard!

I told Emilien to call him, and he said he'd do it.

I was too worried to see the resignation in his eyes that I'd see later.

GERARD'S P.O.V.

When a call woke you up in the middle of the night and someone tells you that you're girlfriend is in the hospital, you can't just keep calm.

I practically jumped off from bed and wandered around the house with my phone still in my ear. This guy...Emilien, was with Rylee in the hospital, and said that a doctor was with her in that moment.

I had to go there. I didn't care I had two shows left and that I had to stay here. I was going to be there for my girl and my baby.

~»~

– Gerard, I know you are worried, but we have two shows left, come on! – Frank plopped down on my bed while I continued putting things in my bag.

– Frank, it wasn't a question, I'm leaving – I replied, glancing at him just for a moment.

– But... – He started, but I cut him off.

– Dude, what would you do if Jamia was in Rylee's situation, uh? Would you just leave her there? – I stopped what I was doing to stare at him.

He opened his mouth but closed it and nodded.

I zipped the suitcase and put it on the floor. Time to buy a ticket.

EMILIEN'S P.O.V.

I hung up the phone and put it back in Rylee's bag.

– What's wrong? – I questioned the doctor as I sat down on the edge of the bed.

– She's fine now, the pain was due to Braxton Hicks contractions – he cleared his throat when he saw our clueless expressions and continued.

– Also known as practice contractions, are sporadic uterine contractions that sometimes start around six weeks into a pregnancy. They are perfectly normal, but hers were stronger than the normal ones, so she's staying here today – he finished explaining us all the details.

– If you have any problem, call the nurse. Don't worry, your baby is fine – he looked at the both of us before leaving the room.

Rylee frowned.

– He thinks the baby is yours – she looked at me and tilted her head to the side.

I shrugged.

>>I wish<< I thought to myself.

– Did you call Gerard? – she asked as she lay down in bed.

RYLEE'S P.O.V.

– Yes, he said something about he coming here as soon as possible – Emilien replied in his perfect French.

Sometimes I forgot I was speaking in French.

I sighed and stared at the ceiling. Gerard had two concerts left, but I knew he was leaving without finishing the schedule.

Mikelangelo had offered himself to stay with me that night since Emilien had a meeting the next morning and needed to sleep.

– I'll come tomorrow as soon as possible – he reassured.

I nodded and smiled at him.

– I'll probably have to pick Sophie up from school – he said and then waved goodbye before leaving.

Mikelangelo looked at me and slightly tilted his head to the side.

– What's up? – I asked.

– You too... – he started. My eyes grew wide.

– No! I...I love Gerard – I replied.