Chapter 33: Date time. Confirmed: I'm an idiot

RYLEE'S P.O.V.

– Ah – I replied looking at the food in front of me.

<< Don't cry Rylee, don't show that it hurts you >> I repeated to myself in my mind.

After all, he was in his right to go out with other girls.

– Yeah... – he scratched the back of his head and just stood there in silence.

– I'll go to sleep, I'm still feeling a little dizzy – I said and stood up, leaving my plate in the sink.

– Okay...uh, you can have the bed, I'll sleep on the couch – he replied.

I just nodded. I wasn't in the mood for arguing about anything.

As I went upstairs, I felt the tears coming to my eyes. I hated that feeling. Why did I have to love Gerard? It was obvious that he didn't love me back, so what was the point?

What was wrong with me?

~»~

I turned around in bed for the fifth time. I wanted desperately to sleep, to forget about everything, but I couldn't.

I ended up going to the kitchen in search of some water. Maybe after a cold glass of water I would feel better.

I heard noises coming from somewhere in the house, but then recognized them as Gerard turning around on the couch.

He scared me for a moment though.

I looked at the kitchen's clock to see it was only 3 am.

I should go back to bed, but I wasn't tired at all. I was fully awake.

– Rylee? – A sleepy Gerard asked from behind.

I turned around, glass of water in hand, and looked at him.

– That's me – I replied as if nothing happened.

– Are you okay? – he rubbed his eyes with one hand.

I nodded and drank sipped some water.

Nodding when I wanted to say no, break something and scream. It wasn't the best feeling.

– Okay – he murmured and went back to sleep.

Sometimes it surprised me the ability Gerard had to fall asleep.

GERARD'S P.O.V.

*Skip till the date day *

I looked myself for the fifth time in the mirror.

Was I doing the correct thing? I felt bad because of Rylee. Actually, I still didn't understand why I accepted that date? I just wanted to be with her.

I sighed and looked at the clock. Still an hour till the date.

I went downstairs and into the living room. Rylee was there.

– Hey – I said while plopping down on the couch.

– Hi – she replied smiling slightly.

She'd been quieter, if possible.

– You look great – she murmured after a moment of silence.

– Thanks – I bit my bottom lip; I wasn't sure if I should leave her here alone.

Maybe I shouldn't go to the date.

I spent almost ten minutes thinking before noticing it, so when I blinked and looked at my watch I was surprised.

– Are you going to be okay? – I found myself asking Rylee.

She looked at me from the TV and shrugged.

– Yeah, Bob's coming later; we'll watch a movie – she shrugged again and turned her attention back to the TV.

I frowned and swallowed.

Why was Bob coming after what happened? Did I trust Rylee with him? But... I was the one going on a date after all, so I couldn't blame her. Maybe she was just trying to move on...or maybe I was just paranoid and she was just watching a movie with a friend.

The door bell snapped me out of my thoughts.

– I'll open – Rylee said standing up.

I stood up anyway, seeing I'd have to go soon.

– Hey Gerard – Bob said coming in the living room, followed by Rylee.

– Hey – I said breathing deeply.

– Good luck with your date – he said taping my back as he passed me and plopping down on the couch following Rylee.

– Uh-uh...I'm going now, I don't want to be late, can I talk t you for a sec Bob? – I said and pointed in the door's direction.

He nodded and stood up.

When I reached the door I turned around and narrowed my eyes.

– If you touch her I'll kill you – I said, hate coming out of my pores.

He sighed.

– Gerard, if you're going on a date, it could mean two things: or you don't love Rylee, or you're stupid. In any case, I'm respecting Rylee because she's a person and more important, my friend, but, if she does want something, I won't stop her – he finished, crossing his arms over his chest.

I clinched my fists, deciding if I should punch him or not, but saying the truth, he was right.

I narrowed my eyes again and exited the house.