Chapter 38: I really want to work on this

RYLEE'S P.O.V.

I woke up and felt as if I had slept on the clouds. I swore I needed a bed like that.

I got up lazily and made my way to the living area, plopping down on the couch and turning on the TV with the remote control.

I didn't have anything to do until four o'clock.

A sudden idea came to my mind, so I stood up and went back to the room, taking my bag from the floor where I left it the day before. I took out a nice dress that I'd bought back in New Jersey and put it on. It looked good.

After getting ready, I took my room key and went out.

Time to do some tourism.

GERARD'S P.O.V.

It was 2 am more or less. I had been spending the day with Frank and Ray. Frank insisted in going to a party that he'd been invited to, so we ended up going with him.

We'd just left a party. Well, I'd left because I was bored, and they had left because they weren't in condition to drive, so I had to carry them to their houses.

After leaving Ray in his house, it was time for Frankie. That was more difficult than I thought. Mostly, because he didn't want to leave the car, and, because he couldn't stand by his own, so I had to carry him to the front door and into his house while he giggled and stumbled.

I actually carried him to his bed and left him there, with clothes and all. I wasn't going to change his clothes, sorry.

I went out the house and back to my car, ready to go home and get some sleep.

Exactly what I needed to forget about everything for a while.

RYLEE'S P.O.V.

I was in a cafeteria, drinking a coffee peacefully, watching the people walk outside. I had been visiting places for two hours and all I wanted in that moment was to rest a bit.

~»~

I paid and went out of the cafeteria. I walked back to the hotel. It was a sunny day; everything looked more beautiful.

I doubted when I arrived at the hotel main door. I didn't exactly wanted to go back to my room, but I needed to get ready for later, so I ended up in my room.

Immediately after I closed the door behind me, I went to the balcony and opened the curtains and the window.

I still had time to do whatever I needed to do.

~»~

I sat down on the couch but soon realized about something. I didn't exactly know the plot of the play. I thought about it; maybe they were going to tell it to me after meeting the people I'd work with...

As if someone had read my mind, there was a knock on the door. I frowned. I wasn't expecting anyone.

<< Who would I expect? >> I asked myself ironically as I stood up and went to open the door.

There stood...this guy...hmm...ah, Florent. Yeah, his name was Florent.

I raised an eyebrow surprised. What was he doing there?

– Wha-what are you doing here? – I asked noticing the red folder he had in his hands.

– Hello to you too – he said with that smile on his face that was contagious.

I rolled my eyes and let him in.

– Hello Florent, now, what are you doing here? I thought the other director said at 4 o'clock at the theater – I frowned again, crossing my arms over my chest.

He handled me the red folder and pointed to it.

– He told me to bring this to you so you have an idea of the plot before starting preparing the play – He plopped down on the couch as I opened the red folder and examined it cautiously.

– Let's see – I bit my bottom lip as I read.

– I like it – he commented, sitting correctly next to me and reading the document too.

I suddenly closed it and looked at him.

– Have you read it? – I asked surprised.

He wasn't supposed to read it until that afternoon.

– Maybe – he said smiling innocently.

I narrowed my eyes but just opened the folder again and continued reading.

The plot was basically this:

The show begins when the fate of Mozart is reeling from the successor of the Prince Archbishop of Salzburg and Schrattenbach: Colloredo.

The new ruler is a stern and authoritarian man, insensitive to the music of Mozart and allergic to the fire and irreverence of it.

For Mozart, his life in Salzburg quickly becomes untenable. He was 20 years old when he decided to leave his hometown with his mother in search of a better future in an European capital.

The journey of the composer will be dotted with failures and bitter disappointments. No European court welcomes him.

He experienced his first disappointment in love with Alyosia Weber (daughter of Carl Maria von Weber), and loses his mother in Paris, city that rejects and humiliates him.

Mozart, already deaf, goes back to his austere life in Salzburg and there he learns of the death of the Empress of Austria. The composer must return to Vienna for the coronation of the new emperor Joseph II.

In Vienna, the capital of European music, the fate of the composer will be sealed .

Mozart will die in abject poverty, leaving us his greatest work: the "Requiem".

I loved it. I absolutely loved it.

– It's great, isn't it? – Florent asked, his eyes on me.

I nodded and smiled.

– I couldn't have asked for more – I smirked back.

~»~

So Florent and I ended up having lunch together and then we headed to the theater in his car. Mostly because he offered it.

The confusion in Mikelangelo's face when we came in side by side was interesting. Didn't he know I had a boyfriend?