Chapter 72: Never let them take the light behind your eyes

Just thought the song fitted the chapter

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[3 months later]

RYLEE'S P.O.V.

I stretched in bed, the light coming in through the window, telling me it had to be around midday. I ran a hand through my hair in my way to the living room, waiting to find Gerard there drinking some coffee or drawing, but there was nobody. For a moment I was surprised, but then I shrugged and went to the kitchen in search of some chocolate.

An hour or so later he appeared, sketchbook in hand. I followed him with my gaze, just sitting on the couch while he took off his jacket and almost jogged to the kitchen. I tilted my head.

– What are you doing? – I wondered, leaning on the door frame.

– I only have twenty minutes to eat – he answered right before biting a sandwich that he had just made. I frowned. Twenty minutes?

– Why do you have only twenty minutes? – I innocently asked.

– I work, you know? Someone has to bring money since you don't – I stood there, staring at him. He didn't need to be so sharp.

– I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say it in that way... – he started.

– Maybe you should go back to America, Gerard – I told him. It wasn't that I was angry, but I was definitely sad. I didn't want him to work so hard even when his job consisted in drawing for a company.

– What? I'm not leaving you and the baby – he replied, leaving his sandwich on the table.

– I don't need your money, you know? – Why couldn't we have a nice day like every other couple in the world?

Those situations made me wonder if we were really meant for each other. Those situations made me wonder why I decided to have the baby, why I was living in France, far from my real friends, from my family...I made my way to the bedroom, ignoring Gerard calling me from behind, and took my jacket from my closet. I needed fresh air, but more than anything, I needed to be away from him in that moment.

– You can't just tell me to leave and then go. We're a couple, we're having a baby ¿what the hell do you want from me, uh?... – I felt how my headache returned.

– I just want you to be happy – I murmured passing him, soon arriving to the door and opening it. It was raining. Oh, well fuck. I took my umbrella and left, closing the door behind me.

That is a sum up of what happened because, honestly, I don't want to talk about it.

GERARD'S P.O.V.

I punched the door. Fuck. I made my way back to the kitchen and threw the sandwich to the trash. I wasn't hungry anymore. I sat down on the couch for five minutes, trying to calm down, but as it wasn't working, I put on my jacket, took my sketchbook and my keys and left the house. It wasn't until four hours later that I would regret everything that I had said to her that day.