Chapter 71: News

Hey guys! Well, I know this isn't worth the wait, just one shitty page...but I hope you're patient. I'm trying my best to write but...you know...writer's block. So, I don't know when I'll update again, hopefully soon.

As always, read, vote and comment so I can see what you think! 

Blanca~

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[The next morning]

RYLEE'S P.O.V.

Gerard woke me up kindly. Apparently my mobile phone had decided there was no need for my alarm to sound.

– You ready? – he asked excitedly. I just shrugged.

Although I wanted to know if I had a girl or a boy kicking me every now and then from inside, that morning I just wanted to continue sleeping. I was tired, tried because I had been up half of the night trying to find a comfortable position in bed.

– Here – Gee handled me a cup of chamomile tea.

– Thank you – I tried to give him my best smile but it just came out awkward.

~»~

So we arrived to the hospital, found my doctor's office and waited outside next to a lady and apparently her mother, who started talking to us about how we were a really cute couple and rambling about babies.

Gerard and I exchanged glances and just nodded, not really paying attention to what she was saying after five minutes.

The lady was called and so her mother and she left, but not before saying 'I hope it doesn't hurt much' and waving goodbye.

– Awkward... – Gerard murmured.

– I know – I replied and rested my head on his shoulder.

At first I tried to stay awake, but I ended up closing my eyes. If it wasn't because a nurse called my name I would have fallen asleep right there. Such a nice nurse...uh.

– Let's get this done so I can go back and sleep – I groaned as I stood up, clapping my hands against my knees in the process.

After all the initial talking and questions, the doctor told me to lie on a hospital bed and put the ultrasound cream. Let me tell you it was freaking cold.

For a few minutes nothing relevant appeared on the monitor but, after some more moves, our baby was there.

I glanced at Gerard, who was fascinated by the image he was seeing.

– Well, well, well, it's been five months...everything seems alright. Do you want to know the gender of the baby? – the doctor kindly asked.

Gee and I looked at each other and just nodded. Here goes nothing.

GERARD'S P.O.V.

I couldn't believe that day had finally arrived. I knew Rylee wasn't as excited as I was but, for fuck's sake, it was our baby and I wanted to know if I was going to be the dad of a boy or a girl.

I wanted it to be a little girl, maybe with her mother's eyes and her smile...but I didn't really care how she was, I was going to love her no matter what. I was already doing it.

I impatiently wait until the doctor told Rylee to lie down on the hospital bed. Then I stayed next to Rylee, unconsciously playing with her fingers, just waiting.

The man put that weird cream on her belly and rubbed that thingy, scanner? Over her belly in search of my baby, our baby.

The image soon filled the monitor. The feeling that I had in my stomach...those butterflies. I smiled, my eyes never leaving the screen.

– Well, well, well, it's been five months...everything seems alright. Do you want to know the gender of the baby? – the doctor questioned.

Rylee and I looked at each other and nodded.

He rubbed that scanner over her belly some more and then smiled at the image on the screen.

– Mrs. Stump, Mr. Way, say hello to your little daughter – he said.

RYLEE'S P.O.V.

A girl? Was all that ran through my mind while we left the hospital.

– I told you, a girl, our daughter – Gerard told me, his smile never leaving his face.

I just rolled my eyes.

– Aren't you excited? – he frowned for a second, staring at me in our way to the car.

I nodded.

– Then why aren't you smiling, jumping, crying...? – he wondered. I raised an eyebrow.

– Crying? – I questioned.

– Don't change the subject – he protested.

I shrugged.

– I don't know, I'm tired, maybe if I can get any sleep tonight tomorrow I'll smile, jump and cry – I sighed and rubbed my temple.