Chapter 62: Back to where I left it

RYLEE'S P.O.V.

[Skip 2 months]

The tour was going truly well, and I was enjoying almost every minute of it, but everything had an end, and that was the moment for us to come back to France. We carried there a play and came back with memories, photos and videos.

My belly was starting to show up, but I still could hide it under my t-shirts and jumpers. I guess I was fine, it felt weird somehow.

~»~

I ran a hand through my hair and then sighed. I was tired of waiting in that airport. I wanted to take that plane already.

Maeva sat down next to me and patted my hand.

– Nervous? – she wondered.

– Impatient – I groaned and leaned back in my seat.

She smiled and looked at me.

– How is it going? – I looked down at my belly, where she had pointed with her finger for a moment.

I shrugged.

– Fine, I guess – At least there was no more morning sickness.

~»~

When we arrived, I only wanted to go home and to sleep, and that's what I did since I had left the furniture there.

The next day, I took my things out of the boxes I had carried with me and put them back in their places.

Gerard and I had talked, and I knew it sucked, but I had to be here until the tour was over. I loved the guys, but I wanted to go back home and just stay there with Gee, Frankie, Mikey, Ray, Bob, Jamia...with my friends.

I was sat on my couch when I heard loud but small footsteps running downstairs followed but louder ones, and then a low knock on the door.

I frowned but stood up and opened the door anyway, just to see Sophie standing there with a smile plastered on her face, and a breathless Emilien behind her.

– You're back! – Sophie cheered.

I couldn't help but to smile.

– You missed me? – I wondered. She nodded.

I told them to come in and Emilien and I sat down while she looked around, searching for something interesting between my decoration, I guessed.

I patted Emilien's back and smiled. He flashed me back his infamous smile.

– Sorry for this sudden irruption – he apologized.

I shrugged.

– I was just watching TV, don't worry – I leaned back on the couch and kept an eye on Sophie.

– How is it going? – Emilien asked.

I shrugged again.

– I guess it's going well. I don't have morning sickness anymore, and I'm thankful for that – I half smirked.

– How do you do it? – I questioned to him.

– How do I do what? – He asked back.

– Taking care of Sophie and working – I completed.

He sighed, what made me look at him.

– Well...I don't really know. I guess it's something you learn to do when there's no other option – he said and smiled.

I just nodded.

Half an hour later, Emilien said it was time for Sophie to get ready since her mother was coming that day to take her with her.

Sophie groaned and replied that “daddy was funnier”, and that she wanted to stay with him.

I had to recognize that I was going to miss those two when I went back to America.

– Mmm...since you don't seem to have anything better to do, what about you and I have lunch together? – Emilien ran a hand through his dark hair, holding her daughter's hand with the other, and smirked.

– Sure – I accepted.

– Okay, so...why don't you come over around two? I'll have everything ready – he reassured.

I nodded and waved goodbye to Sophie, who smiled at me wide. She had her father's smirk after all.

~»~

I was still thinking about Gerard and I's conversation when I put a feet in Emilien's house, but since I didn't want to stress him with my problems, I just pushed those thoughts to the side for a while.

I tried to help with the plates after having lunch, but he insisted in me going to watch some TV or something while he took care of them.

I sighed and made my way to the living room and plopped down on the couch, unconsciously putting a hand on my belly.

I was so lost in my thoughts I didn't notice Emilien until he spoke. I jumped a little and put a hand on my chest.

– You scared me – I told him.

– Sorry, I was just asking if you want to watch a film – he questioned, taking some DVDs from a plastic box.

We watched two action films, but then it was time for me to go back home. I had told Gerard I'd call him again that day.

Emilien opened his mouth but closed it again. I frowned a bit and then raised an eyebrow.

– Everything's okay? – I wondered.

He looked up at me, shrugged and smiled.

Okaaaay...