Chapter 60: Should I?

RYLEE'S P.O.V.

I went back home and thanked whoever was up there because it was our free weekend, what meant we didn't have to go until the next Monday.

I filled the tub with warm water and introduced myself in it, enjoying the moment. After the bath, I cooked some tortellini and sat down on the couch, completely relaxed.

Then my doorbell rang. I sighed, turning to look from the TV to the door.

Emilien came in my living room, followed by a little girl.

– Hi? – I asked more than welcomed.

– Heeey, do you matter if we stay here tonight? – he begged with his eyes.

– I guess it's okay – I shrugged, not understanding anything.

Thanks god I had a guest room.

– Thank you. Sophie, why don't you go and change int your pajamas? I'll go in a minute, okay? – He smiled at the girl. She just nodded, hugged her teddy bear and made her way to the door he told her.

– I fucked up everything – Emilien said as soon as the little girl had disappeared from our sight.

– What have you done? – I wondered, worried.

He walked from one side to the other of the room while running a hand through his messy dark brown hair.

– I argued with Leonor and she's said to me that she won't let me see Sophie ever again – he replied, still moving.

So, Sophie was his daughter. His ex-wife and him had divorced two years ago, and now they were fighting, again, because of the custody of their daughter.

I stared at him for a moment.

– Calm down, okay? Sit here with me and tell me what has happened – I patted the spot next to me and watched how Emilien did what I told him to do after a couple of seconds.

Apparently, they had argued because Leonor wanted to move to Colorado and that meant he wouldn't be able to see Sophie every week but only fifteen days during the holidays.

Oh man, that sucked.

And he had decided it would be a good idea to take his daughter with him, just because.

~»~

I pretty much just listened to Emilien until he had nothing more to say. He even ended up with a couple of tears willing to come out of his eyes.

– I'll go and see how's Sophie, thanks again – Emilien told me as he stood up and walked in the guest room direction.

I just sat there, not really knowing what to do or to say.

– She was so tired, she fell asleep – he commented when he came back.

Emilien plopped down on the couch and half-covered his face with one hand.

– I have the most horrible headache of my life – he mumbled.

I frowned a bit.

– Just go to bed then, you'll see everything clearer tomorrow – I told him.

– I'm not tired – he replied.

We ended up watching a film I had downloaded a while ago but never had had the opportunity to watch before. We fell asleep on the couch.

~»~

The next morning when I woke up, I found Emilien's head resting on my lap. I rubbed my eyes, frowning for a moment until I realized of what had happened the last day.

I kindly shook Emilien's shoulder until he groaned.

– Five more minutes – he mumbled.

I rolled my eyes and stood up, taking my legs from under him.

>>Oh fuck, now morning sickness<< I thought to myself while I covered my mouth and ran to the bathroom, closing the door behind me.

– Are you okay? – Emilien asked, his hoarse voice the only thing breaking the silence.

– Morning sickness – I said as I reopened the door after brushing my teeth.

– Oh – was his reply.

~»~

I made some coffee, and when it was ready I gave Emilien a cup filled with it. He thanked it to me and sat down on the couch. Me, I stood there, watching him, arms crossed.

– What are you going to do? – I questioned.

– Well, since today is Saturday, I'll go with Sophie to the park of something and then I'll call Leonor and apologize, I guess – he ran a hand through his dark hair, resignation decorating his face.

It wasn't long before a curious girl appeared in the room rubbing her eyes and holding her teddy bear with the other hand against her chest.

Emilien's face instantly lighted up and showed her the best smile he could, slightly opening his arms for her to go and give him a hug.

– Good morning – he told her.

Sophie just buried her face in his shoulder and let his father hug her.

In that moment my phone went off. I took it to see it was Gerard.

– I'll leave you two alone while I answer it – I told them and went to my room.

I closed the door behind me and casually answer the phone. Gerard said it was late and that he didn't have a lot of time, but that he wanted to hear my voice. Awh.

– So, how's the tour? – I asked.

I missed being on tour; it was fun

– It's okay, I miss you though. Oh, Frank is telling me to say to you that don't worry, he knows you miss him but you'll see each other soon – I rolled my eyes but smiled.

– In three days, I'm supposed to take a plane to Moscow – I said, changing the subject.

– I know you don't want me to stress you, but I've read that... – I cut him off.

– That I can have a miscarriage – I finished for him.

I knew it was possible, and I had to decide if I wanted to take that risk or not.

– So... – he started, but kept silent.

– I don't know what to do, anyway I have to take a plane, but if I go back home it'd be just one – I said.

I sighed. What could I do...?