Don't Waste Your Time On Me

~Pete's POV~
"So let me get this straight, you were in the pizza place last night. She was performing a song with a friend, who just happened to be a guy, and she saw you and as soon as it was over she left the place. So you followed her, for awhile, and she ended of breaking it off with you." Julia looked me in the eyes, her expression a mixture of tiredness and annoyance.
"Yeaaah." I reply. She rubs her head.
"And you came to me for help, right? To get her back?" She asks again.
"Please, Julia. I know you'll be the biggest help I can get." I beg. She thinks for about 10 seconds.
"No. You'll have to do this yourself. It'll be more sincere. If you truly want her back, you'll find a way." Julia looks away.
"I understand. Thanks for hearing me out though. Just do me one favor? Don't tell Anna I talked to you about this?" I ask.
"I won't." She whispers.

Monday
~Anna's POV~
Today is my first day back, and let me tell you, I'm definetly not looking forward to it. Positive, right? No. I don't want to deal with the horrible teachers, the stressful assignments, and of course the annoying kids who think they're better than everyone. Today is also the first day I won't wait for him so we can walk into homeroom together. I meet up with Juls but not for long because she's in a different homeroom. So I walk down the noisy hallway by myself, letting my feet carry me. I sit down in my usual seat, not really thinking or caring about the whispers or looks. I try to focus on what Tom told me today:
No matter what, don't let their words or stares get to you. If someone makes a joke about you forgetting something, punch them in the nose. I sigh and lean back into my chair.
"Anna!" Mr. Greene calls from his desk. "Nice to see you back!"
"You too." I mumble and hum the song Jack wrote for Alex. Too bad they go to that private school. Just then, the door opens and someone stumbles in. Pete. What the actual hell? Why isn't he on tour? This is just great. He says something to Mr. Greene, and he nods and tells him to take his seat.pete turns around and walks over to where im sitting. He takes his usual desk.
"Hey, Anna." He says in a nice voice that he would usually use. Why is he doing this to me? I don't reply, earning strange looks from Courtney and Elyse. Pete leans closer to me, lips almost touching my ear.
"Im doing this to protect you. If they found out we broke up theyd bother you about it." He moves away. I don't want to play along, but I give a small nod and that seems good enough for him. I want to ask him why he's here, but at the same time I don't want to talk to him.
Riiiiiiiiing!
I grab my stuff and walk out of the room. I head over to science and take my seat there. Pete walks into the room a minute later, surrounded by a chattering Courtney. I swear, sometimes I could just kill them both. But to my surprise, he completely ignores her and smiles at me from his seat across the room.
"Anna, Pete, come here." Mrs. Olseen says. I fight the urge to groan and go over to her. Pete stands beside me.
"Since you both have had extended absences, and we are in the middle of doing a lab that counts for a third of your semester grade, you two will need to catch up. You'll also have to be partners, considering everyone else is already paired up." Mrs. Olsen says.
"Cool." Pete smiles happily. It wasn't a "haha, you have to work with me!" Kind of happy, it was a genuine smile. I just nod.
"Go into the extra lab in the back room, there are sets of instructions and materials. Don't break anything." Mrs. Olsen smiles. She has to be my favorite teacher, other than the fact I have to work with Pete. We sit down in the back room and I start to read the instructions in my head. But im soon interupted by Pete reading them aloud. I sigh. To my surprise, he can pronounce every single chemical name on the sheet. I can't even do that, and science is my strongest subject.
"Writing lyrics has its benefits." Pete says, reading my thoughts. Can we just start already? I put on safety goggles and white gloves and I start my experiment, pouring the liquid into the beaker and measuring it's density. Pete does the same, except with a different chemical.
"Hey Anna." He says in an im-going-to-tell-a-horrible-pun voice. I just look at him.
"Why should you never trust an atom?" Pete asks, already laughing hard at his own joke. I sigh deeply.
"They make everything up." Pete answers, dying now. His laugh is funnier than the joke, and I have to bite my lip to keep from lauging.
"Cmon! I was expecting a better reaction." Pete says, again laughing hard. I finally crack and let out a small laugh. But as soon as his face lights up, I stop. We go back to the experiment, and get about a fourth of the way through the project before its time for the next class. The rest of the day drags on with a lot of questions and make up work.

Tuesday
~Pete's POV~
Seeing her ignore me is really bothering me. Not that I blame her, it just hurts.. A lot.

Wednesday
Today, Anna was forced to talk to me a little because of the project. She didn't make eye contact or have any facial expression though. The rest of the day dragged by, as usual. I try to think of ideas to get Anna back, but I my mind is blank. Except with thoughts of her, of course. I turn on my phone and play what seems to be my life's theme song at the moment.

Hello there, the angel from my nightmare
The shadow in the background of the morgue
The unsuspecting victim of darkness in the valley
We can live like Jack and Sally if we want

Where you can always find me
And we'll have halloween on Christmas
And in the night we'll wish this never ends
We'll wish this never ends

I miss you, miss you

Where are you and I'm so sorry
I cannot sleep, I cannot dream tonight
I need somebody and always
This sick, strange darkness
Comes creeping on so haunting everytime

And as I stared I counted the webs from all the spiders
Catching things and eating their insides
Like indecision to call you and hear your voice of treason
Will you come home and stop this pain tonight?
Stop this pain tonight

Don't waste your time on me you're already the voice inside my head
(I miss you, miss you)
Don't waste your time on me you're already the voice inside my head
(I miss you, miss you)

Don't waste your time on me you're already the voice inside my head
(I miss you, miss you)
Don't waste your time on me you're already the voice inside my head
(I miss you, miss you)

Don't waste your time on me you're already the voice inside my head
(I miss you, miss you)
Don't waste your time on me you're already the voice inside my head
(I miss you, miss you)

Thursday
I know what I'm going to do to win her back. It's very involved, but I would do anything to get her back. I'll do everything tomorrow since it's like 2am right now. I turn on my music try to sleep.

~Anna's POV~
Knock knock
"Come in." I say, trying to look like I was being productive instead of playing on my phone.
"Hey, bunny." Says Tom as he shuts the door.
"Oh hey." I smile
"Can I ask you something?" He looks a bit nervous.
"Of course."I reply.
"Will you be okay if I.. Leave tomorrow?" He bites his lip, looking guilty.
"Well.. I'll miss you of course, but yeah, I'll be fine." I reply truthfully.
"Okay. And I'll be home for Chritmas in a few weeks, and then Dad's birthday in January. Im going to be home more often." He grins at me. I try to contain my joy.
"Awesome!" I reply.
"Get some sleep, bunny." Tom hugs me and leaves the room, closing the door behind him just like mom never does. I smile and close my eyes, I know I'll rest easy tonight.
Authors Note:
I don't really like this chapter, but it's just a set up for next chapter. Which might be the last one in the book. If it is though, I'll do a long epilogue with a lot of parts. Thanks for being cool ;D