Have you ever wanted to dissapear?

~Pete's POV~

Thank god everything in this town was within walking distance from my house, or I would be in trouble, considering I had no car. Or a license. But whatever, maybe I would pass the driving test next time I took it. I rang the doorbell at Julia's house and the door opened a few seconds later. Patrick was already there of course. I came in, and we started talking.

Julia started. "Anna's coming at 11, so we have an hour. I was thinking that you could tell her the story of what really happened, and yeah that's pretty much it... The only thing is, she doesn't know you're here and I kinda promised her that you wouldn't be here. But im sure itll all work out."

My eyes grew wide. "She's not going to talk to me at all and just leave as soon as she sees me."

"I'll hold her down. It will be for the best." Julia said cringing.

"I guess..." I said, unsure.

"Cmon, its the best idea we've got. If she doesn't forgive you after you tell her the truth, then maybe it wasn't meant to happen." Patrick said.

I went silent, because I knew he was wrong. She was perfect.... I couldn't let her go. Patrick and I went into the basement to play video games and Julia waited upstairs incase Anna decided to come early. Julia didn't want her to know I was here until she made sure Anna was okay. This was going to be a long hour.

~Anna's POV~

I walked to Julia's house, looking down at my white jean shorts. I wore my black, long sleeve fall out boy shirt that she gave me. Maybe I would give it back today...

I rang the doorbell. For awhile, no one came to the door. Then julia opened it, looking flustered.

"Hey! Come on upstairs and we can hang out in my room." She lead my up the steps. We sat down on her bed. She cut right to it.

"How are you?" She asked nervously.

"Im good. How about you?" I replied quietly.

"Thats lovely. Now the truth?" She said.

She knew me too well.. I was impressed. It had only been about a month. Usually people will believe you when you say "I'm okay, I promise." But inside you're not okay. And I definitely wasn't.

"Well honestly I'm pretty horrible. I kinda just lost my... Best guy friend? Boyfriend? I don't even know. But I still lost someone who meant a lot to me." I released all my feelings into what I said, and instantly felt better for telling her.

"I know, I know. You'll be okay soon enough." She hugged me.

"I hope so..." My voice trailed off. "I missed you." I told her, even though it had only been one day.

"I missed you too." She let go. "I have a surprise for you in the basement. But you have to trust me okay? Promise me you'll keep an open mind." I nodded. She looked anxious, like something big was about to happen. What was going on? I felt my own anxiety kick in, but I followed her into the basement. And then I saw him. Sudden nausea crashed over me like a wave. Pete moved forward, but then stopped.

"Why!?" I turned to Julia, my voice sounding as pained as I was. "Why is he here? You PROMISED me!"

"Yeah. And you promised you'd keep an open mind about this! Come on Anna, just see what he has to say." Julia said. I wanted to run again, and it took all my strength not to.

"Fine." I reluctantly said.

We sat down on the couches, Julia and I on one, Pete and Patrick opposite us. Pete tried to look into my eyes, but I couldn't meet his gaze. I hoped he knew how hurt I was.